Have we been deceived?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My partner and I moved into a private let on 31st August. It is a 2 bedroom lower cottage flat that was advertised as having a shower and double glazing, but had extensive pictures of each room within the house

At our viewing, the gentleman from the estate agent told us the flat came with white goods, a garage that is in the driveway and garden shed.

We took the property based on having the above promised amenities.

When we met the estate agent to collect the keys, the guy only had 2 keys for the the house and that he wasn’t aware of keys for the garage. He told us to contact the office and they would sort it out for us.

After the man had left, I noticed the disgusting condition of the washing machine. The seal was caked in mould. I cleaned it with antibacterial cleaner, used washing machine cleaner and have put it on empty washes of 90 degrees, but the mould spores will not go away. I suspect the door has been closed for months which has led to this.

We contacted the estate agent to see if they could replace the seal or possibly fix the machine. We were told that the flat didn’t come with white goods, and that the machine was a “gift”.

The inventory lists the cooker and fridge freezer, but not the washing machine. It does, however, include 6 pictures of the washing machine alone.

I am annoyed as we were promised white goods, then told it doesn’t come with white goods, but lists all the other white goods in the inventory!

We have tried to resolve the issue for nearly 3 weeks and have been told the best they can do is uplift the machine.

We have also since been told that the garage doesn’t come with the property, but that the landlord is happy for us to use it. If we want to replace the locks, we will have to pay for it out of our own pocket.

We have been trying to resolve this and have phoned them every day this week, only for them to promise to call us back and they never do. They are now treating it as a formal complaint that they will investigate within 15 working days.

Are we right in saying we have been deceived in taking this property? The lady who told me the washing machine was a “gift” has admitted she she should have communicated this to us before we moved in.