Roko Cancellation - Passing to CRS

FazSco
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Roko are claiming I owe another months fees after cancelling and are threatening CRS.

Background:

Gym membership commenced 1st July 2017

First payment made upon joining.

12 month minimum contract

DD's taken on the 1st of each month.

Contract states 3 months notice to cancel.

In 2018 I could not justify the cost of the membership.

1st June 2018 I rang Roko to confirm intent to cancel.

1st June 2018 written notice provided to Roko, confirming June, July and August would be paid via DD as the 3 months notice and membership should end 31st August 2018.

13th June 2018 a letter was received from their reception stating that the notice would begin from 1st July 2018 and membership would end 30th September 2018.

I rang to query this and reception said they didn't process my notice until the 7th June 2018, and because they didn't process it before the 6th of the month, it would 'roll forward' to July 2018. There is nothing within the contract to state the notice of cancellation has to be processed by them at a certain time of the month.

They said they weren't in a position to discuss when I disagreed but would ask the membership administration manager to call me to discuss. Never happened.

A further call was made to Roko a week later requesting to resolve this. Promised a call back. Informed reception that DD would be cancelled after the August payment was cleared. Since they were asking the membership admin manager to ring, they said I should discuss with him. Never got the call.

September 2018 - letter received stating DD attempted and failed. £20 admin fee now added to outstanding membership balance. This letter was from the membership administration manager who I'd been wanting to get hold of so at least now I know who he is.

Responded by letter outlining terms of contract fulfilled from my perspective (more than 12 months minimum contract paid for, and 3 months notice given) plus pointing out the administration fee is unlawful, unenforceable - particularly because nothing is owed.

Another letter received yesterday containing copies of contract, pointing out the 3 months notice requirement and basically saying they are within their rights as per T&C's to have September's fee. Specifically no mention or response to my point about admin fee added. And saying that if no payment received by 28th September, the matter would be passed to CRS, incur additional costs and it would then be nothing to do with Roko.

Reading this forum, I know I should ignore CRS but it sounds as though this guy from Roko won't be responding anymore so I'm unsure how to proceed. Do I go to head office? Or am I in the wrong here?

Many thanks,

Follow info from other threads. Advice is the same

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Not your problem

Ignore now

Or hunt them down on Facebook and embarrass them over their terrible service

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi FazSco and welcome to CAG

Read other threads here and you'll see we repeat the same advice about Harlands/CRS (they're just one outfit pretending not to be) - just ignore their demands.

Roco's requirement for 3 months notice is not fair to you so ignore their protests.

If you have paid any DD beyond 12 months, reclaim via the banks DD Guarantee Scheme.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Are you going to reclaim the DD's taken beyond your 12 month period because you gave notice to quit 1 month before the 12 months m/ship expired.

The bank should refund all DD's taken from 1st July onwards if you request this.

:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 5 months later...

Hi all, 

Revisiting this with a quick query - when does it constitute harassment from the DC's?

My details have now been passed to Zinc - I've refused to engage, blocked the numbers, ignored the messages etc but wondered whether I should be tracking them and then when it hits a certain number if I should do something? (E.G they messaged me on Boxing Day, like come on!)

Or is it that I do just leave them to waste their money trying to get hold of me and continue to ignore them?

Many thanks, 

just log it all.

zinc are the same lot anyway.

did you get your moneyback?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In our experience, Zinc don't harass you.

After one or maybe two attempts to contact you for a response, they'll return it to Harlands/CRS for you to ignore some more !!

😎

............. and please confirm, did you tell the bank to refund you using the DD Guarantee Scheme ?

And did you get the money back ?