Moneybarn VT Questions

Garuuff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Firstly, great site and specifically great advice within the MoneyBarn section.

I currently have a 60 month agreement with them on a 2012 Insignia. I have been given the option to have a company car and intend to accept this. However it leaves me with the issue of getting out of the Moneybarn finance agreement.

I have spoken to them today and they have informed me that I have two options;

- Early Settlement - £6,720.09 to pay and I'll own the car

- Voluntary Termination - £2,237.20 to pay + any extra's them deem to be outside of general W&T etc.

Having read through a few threads on here I understand they cannot charge certain things, however my issue is surrounding the following;

- V5 Document (Never received it)

- Service Records

As highlighted above, I have never received the V5, however I can send off for a replacement at a cost of £25 which I assume is less than what they will charge but will take 2-3 weeks I imagine? Can anyone clarify this?

Service Records, I have not had the card serviced by a garage since I have owned it. I have replaced oil and filters etc myself. I assume this will incur and additional fee as there is nothing recorded within the Service book. Can they actually charge me for this?

Finally, the car requires replacement rear discs and pads, would it be wise to get these replaced now as they are noticeably fading in performance. I can get these done at a cost of £160.00, however I assume the cost from Moneybarn or their agents will be much more?

Basically i am asking if the above specified points can be charged by Moneybarn? Or if these are the points that many people on the site are saying are not enforceable.

Look forward to hearing back, thanks in advance.

Do a vt

They cant charge you for those things

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Heard from MB following on from the VT letter, they are sending BCA to collect and inspect etc.

However I have also noticed that the rear brakes are beginning to grind a little. They certainly need replacing, can they charge me for this?

Apologies for the similar questions, I am just trying to preempt my arguments should they attempt to charge me for scratches, marks etc.

nope

fair W&T prevails

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...