BankFodder BankFodder

redwon

Moving house - waiting for hip replacement

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 518 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have been on the waiting list for a hip replacement for 6 months now and have been told it could be another 5 or so months wait.

My problem is I have sold my house and am moving out of the area. When i register with my new GP will they try and put me on the list at the nearest hospital (the bottom of the list) or keep me on the one I am on.

i have looked on the NHS choices website but there is no information about this ,only that I can choose hospitals.

Hi.

I've added a bit to your thread title to make it clearer what you need to know. We have a few people who understand the NHS, hopefully they will be along to comment after the weekend. If not I'll send a couple of SOSs for you.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

It depends how far you’re moving really and if you can speak to the consultant’s secretary and explain the circumstances. I’d be tempted to stay on the list where you are currently if at all possible. In that respect it’s a little bit like swapping queues in a supermarket, you join at the back regardless of where you where previously. If you move you’re likely to find that the new surgeon will want to assess your case and then place you on their list accordingly.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Thanks for the reply.

I am moving about 20 miles. I will speak to the secretary and see what she says . I have been on the list for 6 months now !