style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 455 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Question on EPC requirements:

Expiry at end of the year - if want to enter into a tenancy agreement within next few weeks, does Landlord need to re-new the EPC?

If tenancy is above the max £ level (>100k) does this mean Landlord does not need to re-new the EPC and does not need to adhere to the minimum energy efficiency requirements?

Current EPC shows E.

Thanks for clarity.

Currently EPC is valid for 10 years and valid EPC must e provided (usually in sale/rental ad).

I believe an E rating is currently the min permissible.

Thank you mariner

Is there an exemption if the annual rental is above 100k ?? I did read somewhere that this was the case??

Is this a commercial or a residential property please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Its a residential property.

But high rental, so potentially not an AST

I don't know if people here will know the answer, but with £100k in rent I would have thought you could afford legal advice to get this right.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

There is no rental at the moment. So no surplus funds.

This is what I copied off a site:

An assured tenancy is the letting of a dwelling which is occupied as the tenant's only or principal home, or by at least one of them if there are joint tenants. The tenant or tenants must be individuals and they must pay more than £250 per annum or less than £100,000 per annum.

Exclusions

A dwelling will not be a Domestic PRS property because it is not let on an assured tenancy in specified circumstances. This means therefore that the Regulations prohibiting letting of individual self contained residential properties that do not attain a minimum E rating will not apply (unless it is one of the other tenancy types within the scope of the Regulations) where they are one of the following types of property:

Higher rents - this applies to tenancies where the rent exceeds £100,000 per annum

I have read the above - just wanted to be sure...