• Tweets

• don't sign it inc a ctax bill copy might be an idea to also enc a copy of the latest letter.
    • only half way through 30 day time limit yet...sent 30th?
    • Hi all,   I am trying to find out if anyone has issued a DSAR to an organisation, been ignored or given incomplete data, therefore the organisation has infringed the regulation and quite possibly caused material or non-material damage, and took them to Court over it?       https://gdpr.algolia.com/gdpr-article-82 Art. 82 GDPR Right to compensation and liability Any person who has suffered material or non-material damage as a result of an infringement of this Regulation shall have the right to receive compensation from the controller or processor for the damage suffered. 1Any controller involved in processing shall be liable for the damage caused by processing which infringes this Regulation. 2A processor shall be liable for the damage caused by processing only where it has not complied with obligations of this Regulation specifically directed to processors or where it has acted outside or contrary to lawful instructions of the controller. A controller or processor shall be exempt from liability under paragraph 2 if it proves that it is not in any way responsible for the event giving rise to the damage. Where more than one controller or processor, or both a controller and a processor, are involved in the same processing and where they are, under paragraphs 2 and 3, responsible for any damage caused by processing, each controller or processor shall be held liable for the entire damage in order to ensure effective compensation of the data subject. Where a controller or processor has, in accordance with paragraph 4, paid full compensation for the damage suffered, that controller or processor shall be entitled to claim back from the other controllers or processors involved in the same processing that part of the compensation corresponding to their part of responsibility for the damage, in accordance with the conditions set out in paragraph 2. Court proceedings for exercising the right to receive compensation shall be brought before the courts competent under the law of the Member State referred to in Article 79(2).  
    • Thank you for the reply.No, he still lives there.   
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
tigeress289

Has anyone ever had a regisration mark removed by DVLA

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 269 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Having lost a few registration marks to DVLA over the years. I wondered if anyone has ever lost a registration mark which made their car worthless as the DVLA did not affix another. This was a valuable classic car some years ago.

I am also looking at the legal power of the DVLA.

What they can and can't do legally. Thank you

What do you mean by "lost"?

If you lost the physical plate that you attach to the car you simply get another one made by car parts shops.

I've never heard of DVLA not finding an existing number plate in their system, but with them everything is possible

Many years ago the DVLA removed the registration mark of a vehicle I owned.

In doing so they reduced the cars value to zero as they did not affix a replacement number. The car had ex works history but was involved in a racing accident.

Having purchased the vehicle some years after and restored it, there was a claim made to the vehicle.

But then the claimant then changed their story and made up another.

Long and short DVLA removed registration mark.

I want to know what legal power they had or have. And if this has ever happened to anyone else.

Many years ago the DVLA removed the registration mark of a vehicle I owned.

How many years ago?

Started 24 years ago removed mark 2 years later. The time is not important any more as I am just interested in if it has still gone on. I have lost registration marks to the DVLA over the years, 4 BYO and 33 ALC spring to mind.

I am interested to know if anyone has taken them to Court and won.

Hi.

Like other people I'm confused about how you lose a registration. I thought as long as you have the document the reg no is yours.

Have you had vehicles off the road or is there another reason?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi, a fact that the majority of people don't know is that DVLA own all registration marks and can they remove that mark. They even took the document back as it is their property.

4 BYO for an example, they said the mark did not exist and not on system. This was years ago when they stole numbers by the thousands.

They have made Millions selling personal numbers, thousands of people lost marks.

I have made it so your link is clickable

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Simon Tse (then Chief Executive of DVLA) said to the Commons Transport Select Committee in 2011 that they were looking at the possibility of ‘selling’ previously issued registrations.

See the transcript (also interesting for other matters), particularly the final paragraph under Q21-

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201012/cmselect/cmtran/uc1611-i/uc161101.htm

I am not aware that has come into effect and assuming it hasn’t, DVLA cannot issue (sell) a number that had previously been issued.

If or until it does come into effect, other than by ‘normal’ transfer, the exception is previously issued numbers can only be used again once the subject vehicle has been positively identified by documentation and/or certification by recognised Marque Owners Clubs, such as following a restoration.

I have made it so your link is clickable

dx

Thank you 👍

Simon Tse (then Chief Executive of DVLA) said to the Commons Transport Select Committee in 2011 that they were looking at the possibility of ‘selling’ previously issued registrations.

See the transcript (also interesting for other matters), particularly the final paragraph under Q21-

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201012/cmselect/cmtran/uc1611-i/uc161101.htm

I am not aware that has come into effect and assuming it hasn’t, DVLA cannot issue (sell) a number that had previously been issued.

If or until it does come into effect, other than by ‘normal’ transfer, the exception is previously issued numbers can only be used again once the subject vehicle has been positively identified by documentation and/or certification by recognised Marque Owners Clubs, such as following a restoration.

This was one of the biggest mistakes DVLA made relying on Car Clubs, they are run by people who are enthusiasts but a fair few were run by people who used the club for their own gains. Majority of car clubs are limited companies and can be dissolved at any time.

Most of my plates were stolen by DVLA using the simple excuse of no record of ownership. They were all stolen prior to the DVLA use of SCORN, which was just another money earner. A few cherished number plate companies were started by someone working at DVLA or having someone on the inside.

My main post refers to a registration mark being removed because of ownership dispute and car club information. The car club involved are still going with completely different people running it but still covering things up as its in their interest.

Car clubs are a dying trend now so please don't think otherwise.

If this were the case , why and how did DVLA sell the registration numbers to the 3 famous Italian Job minis. The DVLA can do what they like as it is near impossible to bring them to justice.

I don't understand the bit about no record of ownership. Did you have a log book or similar?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Like other people I'm confused about how you lose a registration. I thought as long as you have the document the reg no is yours.

When the DVLA took over vehicle registration matters from local authorities there was a fixed period for the transfer to the DVLA, either automatically as a vehicle was re-licensed, or application of transfer by the keeper. The DVLA stated that at the end of the period, any vehicle details that had not been transferred to the DVLA system would no longer be recognised. There were pleas from some of the motor clubs and the DVLA agreed that they may consider later applications for vehicles verified by the clubs.

When the DVLA took over vehicle registration matters from local authorities there was a fixed period for the transfer to the DVLA, either automatically as a vehicle was re-licensed, or application of transfer by the keeper. The DVLA stated that at the end of the period, any vehicle details that had not been transferred to the DVLA system would no longer be recognised. There were pleas from some of the motor clubs and the DVLA agreed that they may consider later applications for vehicles verified by the clubs.

That was around 1974 wasn't it? Mind you OP did say their problem went back 'many years', but I wasn't thinking of over 40 years ago!

That was around 1974 wasn't it? Mind you OP did say their problem went back 'many years', but I wasn't thinking of over 40 years ago!

The DVLA registrations started with the 'M' suffix - August 1973 and transfer from local authority records DVLA records ran for a period after that. I wondered how far back the OP meant as 4BYO and 33ALC do not appear on the DVLA vehicle record system so they could have been lost by not being transferred from the local authority system to the DVLA.

Yes, but when you send them in they were not received. Registered mail did not prove what was sent. With 4 BYO, I even sent parking permit from previous owner and tax disc, still lost it and nothing returned.

Yes, but when you send them in they were not received. Registered mail did not prove what was sent. With 4 BYO, I even sent parking permit from previous owner and tax disc, still lost it and nothing returned.

It may have depended on when you sent the documents and how long after the DVLA closed the transfer period that they accepted late applications. For late applications they required the original local authority vehicle log book with a letter from an accepted car club that the details of the vehicle shown on the log book matched those of the actual vehicle.