CRS help please!?

LM93
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi LM, with your answers so vague about dates and amounts, it's harder to give specific advice.

But here are some basics :-

* You signed up for 12 months and were committed to that in the absence of a cancellation on acceptable grounds (unemployment, illness, injury, etc).

* So you owe in total 12 months m/ship fees as a minimum, possibly plus an extra month's fee for the notice you failed to give.

* You should not have allowed the DD to be used to pay any admin fees.

Can you confirm :-

1. The normal monthly gym fee.

2. The amount you paid in total by DD's (not anything paid after by phone, etc by debit card).

3. The amount you paid other than by DD's.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have emailed them 3 times and asked them on the phone

For a breakdown of what i have paid them and the fee’s they have added. They have just ignored me, i assume they know there fee’s are unfair and know im obviously looking in to it.

Then go to your bank in the morning and invoke the DD guarantee and reclaim the full amount of all DD's paid to them. The bank cannot refuse to do it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Sorry but I disagree. The DD Guarantee Scheme should really only be used to seek a refund of amounts that are known to have been taken improperly.

LM, Harlands/CRS aren't going to help you at all so forget emailing them about anything for now.

Using your bank statements or online bank data, please answer my Q's above.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

My point was get all the DD's back then pay what is owed directly to the gym. Keep harlands out of the picture.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

That's an option but I think any DD's taken properly, and in accordance with the initial agreement to pay the monthly gym fees, should NOT be reclaimed.

I would suggest LM only reclaims DD's that were used to take admin fees on top of the agreed monthly gym fee.

Let's see when LM provides the info requested.

yes correct that's what we have been saying

reclaim the sums back to the first payment after the last successful payment of membership to the gym directly.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way for me to insert a picture into here from my phone?

CRS have finally sent me a breakdown of all payments i have made and what they have added via email but as it is a picture i cannot copy and paste.

The column on the left shows payments yet to be made.

The column in the middle shows your initial balance (£198.12) Direct Debit set ups (ON), Direct Debit cancellations (OX) and charges applied or removed (please not negative figures are charges removed from the balance).

The column on the right shows payments made to date (please note that negative figures show payments made and positive figures show payments returned by your bank).

My gym contract was only for 9.99 per month for 12 months, as you can see i have paid out quite a bit and they want a lot more still due to other charges etc.

218B6F33-E1D3-4FFC-8BAA-8F14B900A79C.jpeg

Is the DD mandate still in place ?

If so, I'd cancel it immediately and stop using the gym.

I think it would be wrong to reclaim DD's when you've continued to be a member, or at least rejoined.

We've asked specific Q's above but your answers have been too vague. And the info from CRS isn't clear (to me at least). If you had clear answers and could identify dates and amounts wrongly taken, I would be in favour of reclaiming SOME DD's under the DDGS.

The only thing that IS clear is the m/ship seems to have started in 2016 and you've been a member for longer (in total) than the 6 months you suggested.

Cancel the DD now, tell the gym you're cancelling due to Harlands/CRS unlawful admin fees and IGNORE all further demands from Harlands/CRS.

why wouldnt you claim it back. It really is as simple as walking into your bank and telling them to refund the DD to a specific date

think we've already explained this

even if you cancel your DD without first requesting to cancel the membership, all you would ever owe is ONE MONTH after [30 days notice is what most gym contracts have]

and you offer to pay that but NO PENLTY FEES, if they refuse..typically we say stuff 'em.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Does it matter that i did not give them notice when leaving? I just canceled the direct debit.

We normally say to give the month's notice but, in your case, forget it.

You've paid Harlands/CRS plenty and now you need to ignore them and their demands.

Keep us informed though ............ :-)

I am going to ring the bank today guys and claim back the DD’s i have paid to CRS (i will look at my statemtns to see what date it changed from gym payments to CRS payments) any idea what i should say to the bank (why i am claiming it back)?

I am also going to write a letter to CRS offering one months payment, take it or leave it.

This sound ok to everyone?

They did not write prior each time go advise you of the change to the dd mandate

And theybare not named on the dd anyway??

and they

They did not write prior each time go advise you of the change to the dd mandate

And theybare not named on the dd anyway??

They have sent me letters saying theyve put on 25 pound missed payment admin fee’s. The money comes out to ‘moneywise services’ on my bank statement.

Edited by LM93

no they've sent letter stating they will charge you an admin fee of £XX on date xx not that your DD will thus be this figure this month and we will take it on XX date.the fees are unlawful and they know this but 99% of people don't know!!

and they

You are WELL within your right to claim it back.

Rang the bank today and gave them the first payment date and the last. The guy on the phone had never done anything like this before so was clueless. He said he has no idea of i will get my money back or not.

I am going to send a letter to CRS offering them one months payment.

Should i include in the letter the fact i have claimed back the dd?

Will keep everyone updated.

no.

should of asked to be transferred to someone that knew what they were doing

refunds under the DD guarantee scheme should be instant, no need to wait for any paperwork to be 'filed out and submitted upon your behalf'...

and they

Don't bother writing to Harlands (not CRS) until the bank has made a refund.

IMHO you should only seek a refund of any amount taken by DD that exceeds the normal monthly gym fee.

Don't bother writing to Harlands (not CRS) until the bank has made a refund.

IMHO you should only seek a refund of any amount taken by DD that exceeds the normal monthly gym fee.

I am only claiming back the money taken by ‘moneywise services’

Once i canceled the dd for the gym i stopped using it and could not gain access. This is when i started paying CRS. They have took 215 pounds off me so far for a 12 month contract at 9.99 per month. And they are still asking for another 250.

I want every penny back i have gave them. Absoloute **** bags have had my head in bits at times.