BankFodder BankFodder

A Strachan

Virgin Atlantic flight delay

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 502 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello All,

My flight from Barbados to London was delayed over 3 hours. When I put my claim in they stated it was denied stating the flight was delayed by arrival in UK 2 hours and 51 minutes.

Are these claims not based on the time the flight departs also?

Contact the CAA with the flight number and they will send you the official landing time along with a lot of interesting info (if you like planes)

Thanks for info. Looks like you only receive compo for late arrival not departure!

Thanks for info. Looks like you only receive compo for late arrival not departure!

Correct.

Many flights depart late but then make up time while in the air and land on time.