Cel/star parking pcn Lambourne Hse, Bridge Cross Rd, Burntwood, WS7 2BX **CANCELLED BY CEL**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You shouldnt have bothered appealing to CEL as their NTK wasnt a valid demand.

Now you have possibly thrown away all of the protection the law gives you and instead of them having created no liability whatsoever because they are too lazy to string together 2 sentences written in the act.

the words IGNORE ANYONE should have been enough of a hint as to what is the best course of action.

just because they set a false deadline doesn't mean you have to do anything by then.

If you arent going to pay them it is all immaterial what they say.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Oh goodness I hope I haven’t messed things up for myself. It’s quite intimidating to someone who doesn’t understand the whole process and legal implications.

I got a bit confused with the comments and didn’t see all of them as my new thread got merged with an old one I had incorrectly commented on.

Thanks for your advise. I’ll keep you posted what they say and hopefully someone can advise me accordingly.

Copy your email text here

After removing stuff that can ID you please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Copy your email text here

After removing stuff that can ID you please

I've typed below verbatim what I said on their online form.

"The driver entered this site at night and did not see the non illuminated signs due to the evening light conditions and vehicles parked alongside the railings.

The driver was not aware this was a pay and display car car and had previously parked there with no recourse.

The signs were unclear on the route the driver took to enter the site and exit on foot. They were unlit and at a height that would not be illuminated by headlights, therefore the conditions of parking were not made clear to the driver from the outset, there was no offer or consideration so no contract formed.

Since returning to the site in the daylight the driver notes the sign offering the parking contract belongs to a different company so it is not clear who the contract is with.

Also there are no terms and conditions at the pay machine, again making any potential contract void and confusing.

Please note I was not the driver at the time of the alleged offence.

I do not intend to pay this PCN so please confirm in writing that this matter is now concluded "

Thats good

Pers id sit on your hands now

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Helen,

i saw your comment and sent a private message about my situation and how i responded.

to be honest until i received court papers i didnt reply at all.

once i had a proper court letter (northampton) asking for information formally i ignored the whole thing.

i did worry BUT try not to.

it will be dropped because they are far to lazy to progress.

i was quite prepared to go to court and say that their claim was complete rubbish.

their inflated costs are ridiculous and i would have een happy to defend.

it does effect credit to defend in court and in reality are they going to send someone out to court to argue against the hundreds of tickets they issue? No.

im so glad that these people on the forum are around to help and i actually cant believe CEL and this situation is even legal. i have pictures of the machine etc if you need them at night time as well as in the day.

there was no offence, it is an event.

they will continue to ask you for money so from now on ignore them or any dca they employ to write scary letters.

If they are stupid enough to actually want to spend money on issuing a court claim then we will advise you how to defend it properly but until that point let them waste their time and money and just let us know what you have received and who from. the advice will most likely be ignore but wise to check rather than saying or doing the wrong thing

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it.

They obviously pray on people being scared or can’t be bothered with all the hassle and just pay the money.

Thanks Ericsbrother.

Can’t say I’m looking forward to this process but glad people in the know can guide me through it

Good because Louloubelle was very fortunate they didnt pay the fee or she would have lost by default so her case is not a good example of how to do things.

(when they use the business centre they pay half the court fee up front and have to pay the rest by a fixed date, an individual pays the whole lot upfront and will get a default judgement by asking for it after a set time without needing to shell out any more money)

85% of court claims go undefended and most of those the people dont even bnother to acknowledge so it is a numbers game for serial claimants like parking co's ones like CEL then drop the ones that dont fall into their hands.

they are also masters at adding completely made up charges to their claim such as Ashley like to pretend he is an independent witness and adds £300 for writing a letter to himself.

utter cobblers but if you Dont get your day in court this will never be challenged and a judgement will include this outrageous sum.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve finally had the dreaded reply to my ‘appeal’.

CEL have written me a letter confirming they have cancelled the PCN.

I’m so grateful this has been resolved swiftly and I’m so thankful for all the excellent and reassuring advise I got from the folks on this forum.

Can someone please update the thread for me to say it’s been dropped. I’ll scan a copy of the letter on on Monday when I’m at work. Thanks again folks I really am so pleased I didn’t just fold and pay up like I was tempted to!

Helen

Edited by dx100uk

well done everyone on CAG!!

dx

please consider a small donation to keep us here

and they