BankFodder BankFodder

vansowner

PCN - low emission zone

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 570 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello!

I got a PCN for driving my van in London without paying the low emission zone fee.

I already returned to Portugal.

I wasn't informed about the need to pay this fee. I didn't do it on purpose but because I didn't know at all that my van was entitled to pay this charge.

I don't have money to pay. Do you know if they can find you abroad and send the letters to your home country?

Edited by vansowner

how do you know you have this pcn?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

Is your van registered in UK or Portugal?

Do you mainly live in UK or Portugal

how do you know you have this pcn?

Hello, good morning!

The PCN was sent to a friend's home to where my post goes.

The van is still registered in the UK but soon it will be registered in Portugal. For this reason, I still keep an address in London to get my post from DVLA and others.

Hi! good morning! The van is still registered in the UK but I returned to Portugal due to family needs and I don't think I will go back to the UK.

What's the best thing to do? Send the letters back because I am not living in the Uk anymore, ignore or answer them?

Then eventually enforcement officers will be banging on the door of that address

And when they do the occupants there will have to go to the trouble of proving that you don't live there and that nothing there belongs to you. They will probably be able to do that, but it will put them to a lot of bother and you need to warn them.

Thank you everyone. I have just challenged the PCN and I´ll wait for their reply.