bernie1068

OneCall want me to pay rest of policy term - even though car is written off by them!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2426 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Had an accident

they wrote the car off as beyond economical repair which is acceptable but they valued the car at £600 took £300 for excesses off thought

ok will end up with around £300

oh no they have now informed me that i need to pay the full amount of the policy due for the year to it being written of which is 10 months worth of insurance for a car that I don't even have.

I have never heard of such a thing how can an insurance company take payment for a car that is not even road worthy and they are scrapping>

Absolutely ridiculous would not even consider suspending the insurance until i have managed to get a new car

PLEASE DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE A RIGHT RIP OFF AND WILL TAKE YOU TO THE CLEANERS WHEREVER POSSIBLE

This is standard. Make a claim on a Car Insurance which is an annual policy and the full premiun due. Not worth claiming, unless you had to because a third party was involved.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

you are joking me that they can get away with that, everyone i have spoken too have never heard of the insurance company claiming the balance of the insurance policy

No. This has always been the case, since I started in Insurance in the 1980's.

Some Insurers allow you to continue the policy and do a change of car for any car you buy, subject to any premium adjustment being made.

More often these days, Insurers cancel the policy and require the remaining premium to be paid.

Car Insurance is an annual policy, so once there is a claim on it, then you have to pay the full premium.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

yes that is what i had with them until i made a claim and ended up with nothing have ended up owing them money

If you don't have the full amount, you may be able to continue making the monthly payments, if you ask.

If there was a third party involved, you cannot ask for the claim to be removed and give them back the £300, so you don't have the full premium to be paid.

i have tried everything with them they are just not budging on this as i was the one who hit the other person although she hesitated at the junction and went to move off then changed her mind i am at fault and claiming again my insurance, have even asked if they would suspend the policy for me until i am able to get a new car but they are flatly refusing.

I just cannot believe that being fully insured thinking i was covering all apsect should anything happen in the event of an accident i would have something in return but i have ended up with nothing