• Tweets

• Bit of a shock, am not a huge fan but did like some of his stuff, "Bat out of Hell" RIP, Thoughts go to him and his family
    • Hi @Andyorch   I am just finalising everything, do I need to put all my witness statements together as a pack now or just submit my third witness statement and the following:   - Cover letter with a list of Exhibits (only for third witness statement) - Cover letter for my absence   TIA
    • Five business groups have written to Chancellor Rishi Sunak asking for support for energy costs.View the full article
    • Hi   Thank you.   I am thinking of sending the below as a way of trying to just get it resolved before I do the small claims at the start of Feb.  My partner believes a less formal, less threating approach might work, eg I not just challenging his ego.  (I will do the costing that you requested over the weekend).   FORD KUGA  – RESPONSE TO YOUR LETTER RECEIVED 18/02/22   Thank you for your letter received on the 18th January 2022. This letter is the first time you have offered to refund the car (£3500) and I thank you for this, along with your admission that the car was reported faulty to you within days of its delivery. However, if you actually review our conversations on whatsapp and text you will see that a lot of the other points you have made in the letter are clearly not true when compared to our actual communication, which is why I am confident in making these complaints because I have evidence of how the conversation actually went.   However, the aim of this letter is to find a resolution and avoid taking you to court, so I would appreciate if you would consider that on top of the refund of the car, which you have agreed to, I deserve to at least be reimbursed for the work I have had done that I have messages that prove you agreed to.   The car needed a new head gasket, and now it has one, there would be no reason for me to have done this unless it was absolutely necessary. I'm not going to be making any profit here, I will still be losing money. You will be getting back a car in far better condition than you sold it in, so worth more to you in material value, with all the genuine invoices from a respected garage including lots other improvements that I'm not expecting you to pay for.   So you end up with a better car than you sold originally and none of the hassle, which is fair as I can possibly be; I hope that you can see that all I am trying to do here is recover the bare minimum of my costs in this scenario and put this six months of problems behind me, this in no way represents the actual time, effort and cash I have put into trying to solve this.   I am sure on reflection you will agree it is not fair for you to expect one of your customers to pay a repair bill for a fault on a car that was sold as having “No Issues” and then for you to only offer to refund of the original sale price, while then benefitting from the resulting repair.   In a compromise to find a speedy solution I am willing to discount the 'Refund Of The Delivery - £230' though this discount does not represent any admission that you are not fully liable for these costs if this does go to court.   I am willing to accept, without any further negotiation the below:   By the 1st February 2022 (A goodwill extension on the Letter Before Court date):   Refunded the Car & MOT - £3500 Reimbursement of Head-gasket repair - £1121.40 Total – £4621.40   Should £4621.40 not be paid and the car collected by the 1st February 2022 I will revert back to my claim of £4851.40 plus additional costs, not limited to but including interest, any due compensation and court fees.   Unfortunately due to your telephone conversation on the 13/1/22 I will not allow yourself (Mohammed Waqar) to attend either properties connected to me (BA14 0TA and SA14 7BU). This is easily resolved; I will allow your car delivery company to collect the vehicle from Mieri Eco Farm, Drefach, SA14 7BU and they may also inspect the vehicle. The car will not be released to anyone until £4621.40 is cleared into my bank account below.   I now required you to give me 72hrs notice via text message before the vehicle is collected.   If this does not happen before 1st February 2022 then I shall begin proceedings in the County Court for the recovery of the full sums of £4851.40 plus costs without further notice to you.  
  • Our picks

For all the misery you caused HSBC **WON**

siena

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week I went into my branch of HSBC to ask if they could do anything about my latest charge of £50 for going £80 overdrawn for one day.

They said, "sorry there's nothing we can do"

So I smiled :smile: and said, Thats alright, "I can."

I have lost count of the many times over the last 21 years when my heart has sunk :( when I've read my bank statement, knowing that I would struggle and my family would have to go without. For this reason I am claiming for myself, my daughter and her partner in 3 separate actions all against HSBC.

I have just sent the first letters off to the bank but I don't expect a reply.

Looks like I'll also be claiming against Lloyds TSB (the tough guys.) My squeaky clean, financially sound husband has just told me that he incurred some charges on our joint account during a rough patch 3 years ago. Thought married couples didn't have secrets:!:

BTW HSBC customers can get statements printed off free of charge just by asking in the branch. I got 6 years, took about half an hour.( don't think they were too pleased!

Good luck to all going through this process. Remember we have each other.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck and go for it.

I have so far 4 actions going at various stages.

Don't give up, see it to the end.

Woolwich N1 issued 15.01.07 £11k

Acknowledged 01.02.07

Defence Filed 15.02.07

AQ Filed 21.02.07

AQ Deadline 05.03.07

Woolwich AQ late, given till 16.03.07

29.03.07, Judgement rec, woolwich to pay up by 10.04.07

Money received 16.04.07

Nationwide MCOL issued 22.01.07 £1k

Settled in full 05.02.07:D

Account being closed

Appeared on Watchdog 20.02.07

Abbey Issue MCOL £5k 24.01.07

Defence Filed 21.02.07

29.03.07, AQ hearing set for 20.04.07 with other like cases.

11.04.07, Full settlement letter received for £5,769.12

. Remember we have each other.
yes we do!

Welcome to the site!

Keep us posted on your progress!

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

Hi ade&fab

Thanks very much for the encouragement. I will see them through however nerve wracking. If you don't mind me asking are you claiming on behalf of yourself in all 4 claims and from the same bank or different ones?

Best of luck with all four.

thanks dublubbin,

I just would not know where to start without this site. I have done lots of reading as suggested but am dreading the mcol stage, which seems ages away as I have only just started with the first two claims.

I wondering what will happen with claims made at this stage with christmas coming up. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that they are so busy with office parties that they forget to file a defence.

I must also say thank you to HSBCrusher for the welcome. I am honored as you are my personal CAG hero. One thing though, I would love to see your avatar as a wild pasty roaming around Bodmin:D

Anyone else got a CAG hero?

I'll probably get my hand smacked for this post for not putting it in the bear garden:rolleyes:

I must also say thank you to HSBCrusher for the welcome. I am honored as you are my personal CAG hero. One thing though, I would love to see your avatar as a wild pasty roaming around Bodmin:D

Anyone else got a CAG hero?

I'll probably get my hand smacked for this post for not putting it in the bear garden:rolleyes:

Thank you for your kind thoughts, it's much appreciated!:D

The beast of Bodmin is a pasty?

sounds feasable.... :D

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

Principles WON link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

• 3 weeks later...

Time is up. I haven't any response and I'm due to send my first mcol tomorrow. I know that I should also write to the court and enclose 2 copies of my schedule of charges.

Is there anything else I need to do at this stage? I really want to make sure I've done everything correctly. Any advice greatfully received.

Send a copy of the charges to hsbc too, even if you have already sent one.

:D

Capital One WON Link

HERE

Principles WON link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

I put in my second one against them earlier this week.

Lets see who gets the money first... :D

Capital One WON Link

HERE

Principles WON link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

• 4 weeks later...

Offer to settle came from HSBC yesterday for 3/4 of the amount I claimed, stating it would be in my account within 7 days. I was tempted for about 5 minutes because I could really do with the money but I am proud to say I have declined on principle because if we all accepted it would not be good for our general cause.:D

Well done on the brave decision!

You could do with the extra 25% anyway though....? :D

Capital One WON Link

HERE

Principles WON link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Just looked at my mcol and HSBC are defending!!!!!!!!! OMG! I was expecting this but now that it has happened I am completely terrified. I'll kept reading up but any advice welcomed:confused:

Of course they are.

You wil get an AQ in the post soon, fill it out and post it back when it's due, not too early.

template here... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

If the claim is less than £1500 you will not even have to pay the fee.

The offers seem to have been coming in around this time.

It will all come right in the end... :D

Capital One WON Link

HERE

Principles WON link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Just looked at my mcol and HSBC are defending!!!!!!!!! OMG! I was expecting this but now that it has happened I am completely terrified. I'll kept reading up but any advice welcomed:confused:

Bizarre!

My MCOL told me that HSBC are defending my claim too as of yesterday, so it looks like we can both be completely terrified together.

Great, We can hold each others hands so to speak, keep me posted on where you are up to and I'll do the same. I am also following Crusher's thread (see post above yours) as he is about a week ahead of us and completely cool:cool: about it which really helps :)

as he is about a week ahead of us and completely cool:cool: about it which really helps
yeah, really! :D

Nah, I have done this a few times now, and they are not unchartered waters!

Don't be terrified (try not to be anyway), be indignant. We must not let these guys get away with this!

my aq has to be in by the 30th.

Capital One WON Link

HERE

Principles WON link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Guys dont worry. They usualy put 'defending claim'. Just imagine how many people give up at this stage through fear of being taken to court and going up against the bank. Not only that it also buys the bank more time, what they use this time for is anyones guess they always seem to pay out.

Stick to your guns and your time table and you will have your money back very soon.

J

HSBC Owing £618.00 charges + £106.57 Interest = £724.57 total. See how I went about doing it here

Preliminary letter sent - 20.10.06

Found out the Postoffice have LOST the prelim letter - 7.11.06!!! :mad:

Re-sent prelim letter - 8.11.06

Confirmed delivery - 15.11.06

LBA sent recorded delivery - 23.11.06

HSBC offer £525, Rejected 7.12.06

MCOL filed with revised sum of £744.10 - 17.12.06

Letter of Acknowledgement recieved - 22.12.06

Statements sent to DG and courts - 27.12.06 (NEARLY THERE!!)

AQ letter recieved - 17.01.07

AQ Letter handed in to court - 02.02.07

Letter from D&G offering full amount -03.02.07:D

Money in account - 14.02.07!!

We get charged enough in TAXES and just general living without those whom we trust with managing what little money we do get to keep unlawfully charging us, especialy when their profits are so huge.

I put my N1 into Kingston-upon-Thames Court this week for a total Aprox £11k.

I will watch with interest your progress. We are all in this together.

I have the Abbey and Nationwide to do tomorrow via MCOL so I will see which of mine come in first.

Good luck and keep with the program!

Woolwich N1 issued 15.01.07 £11k

Acknowledged 01.02.07

Defence Filed 15.02.07

AQ Filed 21.02.07

AQ Deadline 05.03.07

Woolwich AQ late, given till 16.03.07

29.03.07, Judgement rec, woolwich to pay up by 10.04.07

Money received 16.04.07

Nationwide MCOL issued 22.01.07 £1k

Settled in full 05.02.07:D

Account being closed

Appeared on Watchdog 20.02.07

Abbey Issue MCOL £5k 24.01.07

Defence Filed 21.02.07

29.03.07, AQ hearing set for 20.04.07 with other like cases.

11.04.07, Full settlement letter received for £5,769.12

Hi ADE&FAB

£11K! I guess this isn't a small claims court. Sounds like you are as busy as me. I've got 2 at mcol stage(both HSBC) 1 at LBA (lloyds) and one I'm just about to begin at Halifax. Thank God for CAG! I have another for HSBC that I haven't started yet as it's slightly more complex. Best of luck with your claims. Keep us posted

Hi ADE&FAB

£11K! I guess this isn't a small claims court. Sounds like you are as busy as me. I've got 2 at mcol stage(both HSBC) 1 at LBA (lloyds) and one I'm just about to begin at Halifax. Thank God for CAG! I have another for HSBC that I haven't started yet as it's slightly more complex. Best of luck with your claims. Keep us posted.