BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Mother and father worked here and then went to SA in about 1978 returning to UK in about 1996 and worked here until 2016 when her husband died at age 66.  He was still working at the time.  She then went to live with daughter in SA.  Mother only claims for her pension. 
    • Thanks, I owe the money, no issue with that, I will SAR the company.  If I need to just pay it and have the CCJ for a few years so be it.  Just thought I'd explore all options
    • By the way you wrote that post, i can see that you are as confused by the situation as someone reading it. Important advice must be not to pay for any flights etc, until they understand the situation fully. Those that have British passports could be entitled to receive UK benefits. However, nothing is that straightforward. The passport does guarantee anything. The daughter could be entitled to Universal Credit ( which includes housing) as a British passport holder, but this can only be confirmed when she has gone through the Habitual Residency test (HRT). So you will need to read about HRT for British passport holders returning to the UK. There will be requirements to provide information about why they are returning to the UK and what work searches have they done to find work on their return to the UK. In regard to the mother who has a British passport, you will be correct in presuming that no council is going to be helpful in paying for the care home fees immediately on arrival in the UK. When did the mother last live in the UK ? When did the mother last work in the UK ? British embassy in South Africa may be able to provide information and assist with applications ? Just getting on a plane, landing in the UK and expecting help to resolve their situation, would be a silly thing to do. I can see the mother ending up in an NHS hospital for a period, while people wondered how they were going to deal with the situation. Probably not the first to do this, but if the mother also has a South African passport, they could put her on a plane back to SA and then the Daughter would be a difficult situation. Embassy in South Africa must be first place of advice.
    • There are online forums for people moving from South Africa to the UK. This is one of them.   https://moveup.co.za/2019/03/08/how-to-move-to-the-uk-a-step-by-step-guide/   If you want to speak to a social worker you could try the local council.   HB
    • This is not our issue, but an issue with a friend.  Our friend is living in South Africa and now suffers from dementia and is in a home.  The daughter has been paying for the home however the daughter was made redundant and has a child to support.  Daughter's husband keeps kicking her out of the house with the 3 year old boy and daughter had nowhere to go. The mother and daughter both have British passports.  Mother and father(now deceased) are British born, but daughter was born in South Africa.   The 3 year old was born in in South Africa.  Daughter is now broke and cannot keep the mother in a home any longer.  Daughter wants to return to the UK where she did live for several years previously so had NI number etc. however not sure what she can do with her mother.  The other issue is that the father is trying to get custody of the child so another issue. We, on behalf of the daughter who phoned us this morning, want to discuss with a social worker the options if any that may be open as on arrival here the mother will need to go straight into a home.  We can offer the daughter and child temporary accommodation with us.  Who should we contact? A very complicated scenario that normally we would not involved ourselves with as we are in our late sixties, retired and not that much money in the bank. 
  • Our picks

Nick

Park Watch no waiting PCN - Ruby central shopping Center

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 387 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

a reminder with a threat that they will next add a mystery amount for their admin charges.

This is again unlawful as they are relying on creating a keeper liability but they all do it all of ther time.

It is like the chareg average went up from a normal £60-80 to a flat £100.

Why? that is the maximum they know they will get away with before people start to actually research whether it is a lawful charge in the first place.

If they made it £200 no-one would pay up without a fight.

Had a new demand today

DR+.pdf

7Mb for one page...reduced to<.2mb>

ignore

did you action post 23?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

why is a well known Hollywood actress moonlighting for a low life dca? I think we should be told. Still, better tha using a misspelt name form Madmen on legal documents

7Mb for one page...reduced to<.2mb>

ignore

did you action post 23?

This is the service road for the shopping centre

But its still being ticketed by a ppc not the council by a penalty charge notice...get it yet??

I am grateful for any help received on this site but you seem to be a bit spiky and not very helpful at all,

perhaps you should tone down your attitude and try to be a bit more helpful.

We are not all experts and sometimes find the terminology and abbreviations you use not helpful.

I have read multiple posts on these subjects and see very few if any that have a positive outcome.

not spikey in the least..doesn't matter to us at all ...you're the one with the invoice, but certain things just don't appear to be sinking in..

.you are either not bothering to research here or you failing to understand the very basics of these PPC speculative invoices.

its no good us keep explaining as eric and others have done already here on your thread if its not making the penny drop.

who owns the land whereby you got ticketed?

I am grateful for any help received on this site but you seem to be a bit spiky and not very helpful at all,

perhaps you should tone down your attitude and try to be a bit more helpful.

We are not all experts and sometimes find the terminology and abbreviations you use not helpful.

I have read multiple posts on these subjects and see very few if any that have a positive outcome.

There's a forum sticky with a list of abbreviations, here's a link.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?168275-Posting-in-this-Forum-and-A-Z-of-Motoring-Terms

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

no positive outcome?

I have been posting on here for some 6 years and in that time the parking co's have won about half a dozen of the claims that were defended as suggested.

Out of those it would be fair to say that the ones lost were a little disturbing regarding the judge's decisions and even Then the parking co didnt get what they were claiming in 3 of them because of their (well known abuse of) creative accounting.

It may be small beer in the overall parking rip off scheme of things but it is also a couple of hundred people who wont be afraid of fighting back when they get the next one and we dont get to hear about that very often.

I have had a couple of demands since my last court case in 2015 and needless to say batted them off without much ado.

That might have been a bit tougher for someone else who hadn't read up on things in general and specific points that enabled me to not accept the first answer I was given when getting a well known supermarket chain to cancel on my behalf.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Can't see any mention of parking fees in the original notice, Have now received a letter before court action

Decision notice.pdf

you need to find the result of point 16

it will be in that document

if you have a LBA you need to reply to the sols in the std insulting manner on many threads here

who's the paper sols they are using?

Got the solicitors letter

pcn2.pdf

not an LBA so ignore

thank you

another threatogram from the owners of the IPC. expect a lba from the same in about a month. you will respond to that but post it up here first so we can determine if they have got that right or not.