HELP - Napier, Willen Lake North Car Park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I hope someone will be able to help me, as we got ticket and I am refusing to pay it, as we did nothing wrong.

Back in May, 5th of May 2018 we went to Willen Lake (this is somewhere where we go at least once per week,

this time, for some STUPID reason, we have parked at Napier Willen Lake, North Car park, which is a new carpark and not our usual parking spot.

we drove in, went to pay, but seen that at this particular car park we need to pay on our way out, as such.

we went to park for just under 3 hours, came back, went to the ticket machine, entered our car registration, got the fee, paid with card, and machine just went blank after that, which didn’t bring any suspicion as the machine was working fine (so it appears),

2 weeks later we’ve received the £100 FCN, but if paid within 14 days then we “ONLY” need to pay £60.

Well, needless to say, we refused this and have put in the appeal, stating the above and also adding that they can probably check their cameras at the machine, and see that we have paid (our opinion at the time). Our appeal was turned down.

After that first letter we have received the second letter that says “Final reminder” on it and yesterday we have received the letter stating that our account has been passed to their legal team.

I have attached the mentioned letters to this “cry for help/advice” thread. I hope I have hidden all private information, I did check it 5 times. 

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Napier.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
fine replaced

appealing wont get you anywhere,

they wont admit their machinery is crap and pass up the chance of stinging you for a hundred quid.

Can you prove you paid? if so they are doubly stuffed.

As you say it is near to you get some pictures of the entrance to the car park and the signage there along with a picture of ther ticket machine.

BWL are the second worst firm of solicitors these bandits use to chisel people out of money and are like Gladstones, lazy and incompetent, so you dont have to worry about them too much

please don't use the word fine

it is not a fine

and nowhere do they use that word.

multiple examples in post 1 replaced

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

appealing wont get you anywhere,

they wont admit their machinery is crap and pass up the chance of stinging you for a hundred quid.

Can you prove you paid? if so they are doubly stuffed.

As you say it is near to you get some pictures of the entrance to the car park and the signage there along with a picture of ther ticket machine.

BWL are the second worst firm of solicitors these bandits use to chisel people out of money and are like Gladstones, lazy and incompetent, so you dont have to worry about them too much

Unfortunately, the payment never came out of our account, we did think it did (at the time) but the machine either broke then and there, or it's simply a machine set up to do things like that and to charge their users £60+.

Thanks for your reply, it is much appreciated.

please don't use the word fine

it is not a fine

and nowhere do they use that word.

multiple examples in post 1 replaced

What are you on about!? "Nowhere do they use that word"?! They whom? The machine did appear to work fine, what is a problem in me using fine as a word?

#confused.com

He means fine in relation to the ticket you got. Many people call them fines. When in fact they are just speculative invoices. Calling them fines can lead others to think the tickets are legit and they have to pay them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

:lol:

only court/police/council can issue you a fine.

ive let in the ref to 'fine' as in terms of as you point to above the machine was working fine...

the rest you used ive amended post 1 to read charge.

HTH

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...