• Tweets

• I've requested a credit report from Experian now, I should receive it by next week
    • Hi I have decided I don’t want to use this company, however they say a refund takes 5-10 working day, however as we don’t have much good weather I want to buy the machine form a more reputable seller ASAP, is there anything thing I can do to remains a quicker refund. The machine cost over a grand so I don’t have any spare money to be paying for both machines.
    • Thanks dx. No, there's no reference number in the writ itself.    Who are the pursuers:   Erudio Student Loans Limited, a company incorporated under the Companies Acts and having its registered office at c/o Wilmington Trust SP Services (London) Limited. Third Floor. 1 King's Arms Yard, London EC2R 7AF   Who Are the Solicitors:   Shoosmiths LLP   What is the writ for –   Preceding the Condescendence and Pleas In Law sections provided in post 1, there's the following text: The pursuers crave the Court to grant decree against the defender for payment to the pursuers of the sum of AMOUNT together with expenses   what date was this served on you:- 17th July   what date is within the COURT STAMP: 19th JUNE (not July as entered in post 1)   What Is the claim for: Student Loan   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files - I don't know but can find out   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? -  Before 2007;  first loan has a 1998 account number   Were you aware the account had been sold/assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Yes I believe so   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not to my knowledge   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? Yes   When was your last payment:-  I believe I made at least one payment in late 2015 after having been late in submitting deferment forms that year   Why did you cease payments:- I only made payments to cover a couple of months' payments which were due because of my deferment had been submitted late. I stopped once those payments had been covered   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved?  No   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan?  No    
    • I emigrated to australia permanently about a year and a half ago, but still have an overdraft of 2500 pounds with a bank in the UK. I am struggling to pay it off, and am being charged 1.75 a day for the overdraft. I have not informed the bank that I have moved to Australia.   Im wondering what is the best course of action. I do not intend to return to the UK and have no assets or family over there. I rang up a call centre for the bank and informed them of my situation and they suggested i ring the branch and speak to them. I intend to pay the debt off, but am not in a position to do so right now, and was hoping the bank might put a hold on the charges, whilst I can get the finances to pay them off.   alternatively, what would happen if I did not pay this debt off
    • is the property jointly owned and the all the CO's/debts are in your sole name?  
  • Our picks

goodfriend123

RBS raised agreed repayment amount

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 320 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've been paying of the balance of my credit card with the Royal Bank of Scotland, paying an agreed amount every month by direct debit. I have kept up these payments without fail. I have now received a letter from them saying that they are increasing this payment to 2.5%. Previously I have filled out their forms detailing my income and expenses so they know I cannot afford the increase.

Are they allowed to do this?

Thanks for your help.

Tell them that they will.not be raising it as it was an agreed rate and you provided info to prove you couldn't afford it. I would keep repaying them at your current rate and let them cry if they don't like it. Of course this would mean you would likely have to have an account outside RBS as they could recoup the money from any account you hold with them

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

When did you take it out?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

So you took the credit card out and started your payment plan 2010 ? :madgrin:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So you took the credit card out and started your payment plan 2010 ? :madgrin:

Sorry. I had the card since the 1990's. I lost my job due to disability in 2010

Okay this letter that states the intended increase...its not a template ? Your name and address and your account number ?

Does it state what you are currently paying per month?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

CCA time if its from that long ago..no chance of a compliant CCA me thinks?

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Okay this letter that states the intended increase...its not a template ? Your name and address and your account number ?

Does it state what you are currently paying per month?

No, it doesn't show my account number nor the amount I am repaying each month.

CCA time. If they cant provide a compliant CCA for it, then you wont have to pay them a single penny once theyre in default of your request. get the CCA request off first thing in the morning.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

CCA time. If they cant provide a compliant CCA for it, then you wont have to pay them a single penny once theyre in default of your request. get the CCA request off first thing in the morning.

They say that they are (quote) "varying the terms of your Credit Card Agreement". Are they allowed to do this?

not if they cant find the signed agreement.

dx

spreadsheets 

They say that they are (quote) "varying the terms of your Credit Card Agreement". Are they allowed to do this?

Then I would suggest that this is a standard round robin informing customers on normal contractual payments of an increase...IE the minimum payment will increase by 2.5%...not you being on an agreed payment plan...ignore.

• Confused 1

Cancel the Direct Debit and replace with a standing order. They cannot increase a standing order without you yourself doing it.

• Confused 1