thecookiemonster

Cash Converters Refund Issue***Refunded***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 374 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I bought a mobile phone online from cash converters recently, I returned it last Tuesday, a day after receiving it as I changed my mind.

No problems at all I thought, the day after I sent it back I received a parcel which I had to sign for that I wasn't expecting and it was a camera bag, I binned it as even though it was addressed to me I didn't know who it was from and wasn't expecting it.

I was told by Cash Converters on Thursday that my refund had been processed and it would take up to 5 working days for the refund for the phone to be back in my account.

However, yesterday I received an email stating that they had sent a camera bag to me by mistake that was meant for another customer and that they won't be refunding me for the phone until the camera bag is returned.

So the email I received on Thursday stating my refund had been processed was obviously a lie.

The bin men came yesterday so I no longer have the camera bag.

What is the situation now and where do I stand?

Thank you.

urm difficult one

you binned their property but it was their mistake and now they want to penalise you for it

don't think they can do that IMHO

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

It may well have been processed. Our accounts team process payments every day, but they then go for approval and even after approval they sit for a few days waiting on the the transaction at the bank finally happening. Up to the point the bank process it the payment can be stopped.

Can I ask was there no paperwork with the camera bag. Everything I have had from them had something that related back to the store that issued it. Would it not have been reasonable to give them a call?

I don't see that they could hold your phone credit, but I expect they will certainly try to deduct the cost of the bag.

Thanks for the replies.

No there wasn't any paperwork which is why I had no idea who it was from and obviously wasn't expecting it.

I think penalising me for their mistakes would be harsh and I fully intend on fighting it.

I'll give them 7 days from now to get the refund to me, if no refunded in full I'll have to take it to the small claims I gues, hopefully won't come to that.

Be aware as they may then Counterclaim.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Well done thread title updated.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread