• Tweets

• Clear as mud...so you are the claimant...the defendant is correct they do not file serve evidence before the trial...normally directions state 14 days before the trial hearing each party simultaneously exchange and file.   The defendant then paid the debt amount but not the court fee or the section 69 interest at 8%.. Did it get to trial ? or is that yet to happen ? 
    • Then be prepared to get your cheque book out.   You will be served with the evidence the prosecution intends to rely on to convict you when you receive notification of court action. This will almost certainly be in the form of a "Single Justice Procedure Notice" (SJPN). They have six months to begin court proceedings and in most areas take all of that. You will be given three options:   1. Plead guilty and have the matter heard by the Single Justice (a hearing which you cannot attend).   2. Plead guilty and opt for a hearing in the normal Magistrates' Court (a hearing which you can attend).   3. Plead Not Guilty.   If, after viewing the evidence, you decide on (1) or (2) you will be sentenced in accordance with the sentencing guidelines. These suggest a fine of half a week's net income (maximum £1,000, reduced by a third for a guilty plea). You will also pay a surcharge of 10% of the fine (Minimum £30 - or £32 if the offence was committed on or after 28th June 2019) and costs of £85. You will also receive 3 penalty points. So you can see that the costs and surcharge will exceed £100 before you consider the fine.   If you choose (3) you will have to rely on either (a) the prosecution being unable to prove its case or (b) successfully rebutting their evidence. The cost of failure here is high. You will obviously lose your one third discount for a guilty plea and the costs will increase to as much as £620.   You can see that you "old fashioned" approach could cost you dearly. But you takes your choice and pays your money  😪  (or hopefully not  😀).
    • I was not aware that mitigation can also apply to actions taken after the event. I have not outlined this to date, I will write another letter stating this given I now use a monthly travel card and would never attempt it again. However, the Court date is in 10 days so I'm not sure I would receive a response in time.. seems to be worth a try though.    Thank you dx100uk. 
    • Sorry, but I don't understand. Am I "quoting" unnecessarily? I'll stop that, henceforth, if so. That said... "any claim, though I cant see why this mbna is not concluded, so why the confusion....." confuses me as I cannot contextualise your reference and thought I had intimated I am concluding the MBNA claim and no longer pursuing my SAR request, following your help in that query.   I am simply wondering if your last reply refers to this (MBNA SAR) thread or my more recent (general PPI enquiry) thread, is all.   Apologies if I am not helping myself through helping you, in this. I am trying as best I can, though. And am grateful for your help.
    • Ok great, thank you I will give that a go tomorrow will let you know how I get on.    C
  • Our picks

stu007

Charity Commission orders military charity to wind up - 1st Knight Military Charity

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 347 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Charity Commission orders military charity to wind up - 1st Knight Military Charity

Regulator’s report highlights serious regulatory concerns in connection with “wholly offensive and inappropriate” materials and comments

In a report published today the Commission sets out its findings, conclusions and regulatory action taken following its investigation into 1st Knight Military Charity. The charity, which had objects to assist members of the armed forces and their dependents or carers, was ordered to and has now been wound up.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/charity-commission-orders-military-charity-to-wind-up

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group