Removal company not fulfilled contract

ltunstall
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

Just need a little advice really, we were looking for s removals company, we had a quote and they said they could move us no matter what, even if doubled booked they have enough men/vans to cater for that it was to happen

We accepted a quote including supply boxes etc, as with house sales dates move and change, they supplied boxes and we Packed and we eventually have a date.

Then said they couldn't move us as they have another booking

Then then have tried to bill us for boxes.

Do.i have to pay, no contact was signed and the verbal contract was they can move us no matter what and it was the removals company who couldn't furfill the contract.

Any help with this matter would be great

Most of the conversations were face to face or on the phone, we only have the emails for them saying for us to find another removals company as they booked up. I just can't see they can expect payment when they didn't provide a service

They supplied boxes, so work out what you owe them for that. Thats pretty much all you owe since they did supply them. Youd ont owe anything else though as it was they that cancelled the contract.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

how much of a fuss do you want to amke over this? you couid argue that the boxes were only part of the whole deal and so you dont ahveto ay for them as they failed to perform to the contract. As you dindt sign a contract this will be difficult to argue as a whole so all you are doing is paying for boxes that you would have had to buy anyways. Ask for proces of boxes elsewhere and if your next shifter can do them cheaper offer to pay the lower price or they have to accept the boxes back