Aus credit Creditcorp chasing us in uk.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, I am in need of some advice.

We moved Home to the UK 16 months ago, after spending 5 years in NSW Australia.

A few weeks ago my wife started to receive phone calls at her workplace from an Australian debt collection agency called Creditcorp. They are saying they have taken on a debt (bank consolidation loan) we “owe “ of $39000 and we must pay it straight away. This scared the hell out of my wife (who suffers quite bad with anxiety) that they have been able to contact her at work as she believes this could hinder her job.

She answered security questions but can’t remember the full conversation apart from she agreed to talk to me about it and do an income/expenditure sheet with me to send to them.

Credit Corp are saying they need us to pay $440 per month over 13 years and 10 months and they will reduce the interest to 10%, this works out at around $70000 and is practically double the debt in question, the second option is they want $495 per month and they will reduce interest to 7.5% and it will be over 9years and 3 months.

We are both really worried as we are paying off debts here in England and I am not in a steady job(contracting) and we will really struggle to pay these amounts consistently.

I am struggling to see how they can charge so much interest? We just can’t afford the amount. We are at a loss and worried this is going to effect our UK credit or worse.

I have talked to a man on another website and he says he can sort it out and will deal with them directly, not sure if I can post his site on here? However there is apparently a $485 fee which apparently covers costs to lodge something at court?

My wife is telling me to hold off with this at the moment. Has anyone seen anything similar?

What do I do, I have read some other threads, however they seem to differ as they all seem to be statue barred and this debt would not be for another 5 years? I did find some letter templates to send them to hold them off for a while whilst I figure all this out( I can’t seem to find the templates now tho). I haven’t had any written letters from credit corp, simply phone calls to my wife and emails back and forth. Originally my wife agreed to set up a payment plan but I put a stop to it before any agreement was finalised and we haven’t paid a penny yet.

Pleases help.

Thanks in advance.

C2K

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

Hi and Welcome to CAG

First question did you leave NSW leaving a consolidated loan of $39000 ?

If so what did you arrange with the creditor before leaving ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy, thanks for the quick reply.

So to answer your question, No we didn’t. We had a consolidation loan before we left Australia and we’re paying it for a while, we had to move back to UK for personal reasons and continued to pay the loan but we ended up running into debt back here which we knew about and are now paying this off. In turn this made it increasingly difficult to pay the aid loan and we stopped paying it. We then received letters stating we were in default and it may be passed on. We didn’t get any confirmation saying it had been passed on and haven’t received any letters from a DCA just emails.

Thanks

C2K

Ignore them for now and do no agree to any payment plans or acknowledge the debt.

Have a read of the following threads to bring you up to speed.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/search.php?searchid=11093878

And lastly do not be talking to men on other websites offering to sort this out for any fees.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

best idea might be to go BK in aus?

we've seen a few people do it here from the UK

I think its quite easy to do and painless and all via the internet

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for both of your replies, the main problem is them hassling my wife at work, she struggles hugely with anxiety ever since a car crash whilst in Aus...... I will read through the threads straight away and also have a look at BK.... any ideas where to start? We will not be moving back to Aus in the future so this could be a possibility.......

Thanks

C2K

well thatsall they can do is hassle and embarrass people.

same as the Dubai lot

in all truth they are totally powerless to actually DO anything

that's what DCA's do. that's all they can do

the shame is they've already mugged you so will do anything to make you relent again.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you also type " Creditcorp " into our advance search (top right under the log in/out button " it will bring up all our threads in connection to this DCA.

answering their security questions was a bad move, they know they have the right personthen and probably a bit more info than before they called.

they are breaking UK law by calling work uninvited so you are now effectively encouraging them by giving them the time of day. Putting the phone down on the first call would have been wiser, it is their money they are wasting.

Talked to a man on another website and he can deal with it for only £xx. RUN AWAY RUN AWAY- you will be in furhter debt and get nowhere with your problem if you agree to this and then be back here asking for advice on conmen's activites and your new debts

• dx100uk changed the title to Aus credit Creditcorp chasing us in uk.