reallymadwoman

BT's clear as mud emails

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 470 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Received an email from BT

'At the moment, you've got Privacy with Caller Display on a free offer for 12 months*. But just to remind you, this offer is ending on 01/10/2018.

Don't worry, you can easily keep it free by renewing your line rental. If you're doing that before 1 October 2018, take a look below for how to do that. But after that date, it's free for everyone, so you won't need to do anything to get it free.

Otherwise you'll start paying the usual £1.75 a month for it until 1 October 2018.'

Plain English award?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Confused.com..the following may shed a little light on it.....do people still deal with this company ? :wink:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Caller-display-free-for-1-year/td-p/1376617

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So my free caller ID option ends on 1st October. I can renew my line rental before 1st October to get it for free for another year.

After 1st October it's free for everyone so I'd get it free anyway, otherwise I'll start paying £1.75 a month from 1st October until the 1st October, so basically, nothing.

Clearly a template email inappropriately used.

And yes, we do still deal with BT. Apart from the silly issue over renewing things that are free, we've never had a problem with them, unlike every single one of our previous providers.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.