Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • the councils notice to owner wasnt even addressed to YOU at your home address as the named driver.  the NHS should have responded to it naming you to the council as the leaser THEN the council should have sent YOU new PCN to your address this resets everything back to £25 if paid within 14 days, else £50...NOT £159. i will guess they didn't? so you neither saw nor got the YELLOW PCN sticker envelope from the windscreen of you car at the time of the offence, nor were sent one later in the post, this PCN is probably appealable -  use the forms i pointed too above (ONLY do this if you def never saw/got a PCN dont appeal if you did) lie )  now as for the bailiff ...you said earlier: what cause you to ring the bailiff? you must have gotten the Notice Of enforcement through your letterbox NOT a txt or phonecall.  lastly... the NHS where you are should NOT BE DOCKING YOUR WAGES FOR UNPAID COUNCIL PCN's (if thats what this code 236 is in your lastest PDF?) if you've a union there id go have a chat with their legal rep. anyway look im not being funny but you seem all over the place so we cant really rely upon just today's story .... with CCJ's toll fees  PCN's wages being docked  and poss debts too? you must be all over the place...hence the pirate ship comment. if you want help with all of it. get your head together on each problem start a thread on each (even debts) and WE WILL HELP. just before i go. it makes me laugh a finance company arnold clarke paid a toll fee £2.20+£32 admin fee + £20 their FEE... have you always had the same car since last summer? thats totally bonkers for them to even be involved in.    
    • It is my work lease car address (hospital). They added 12.50 too for admin fees 🤨. Lease.pdf
    • they should not be docking your wages for ANY PCN's thats £452 they've taken for WHAT? i VERY much doubt its for this PCN at ALL!! the maths makes no sense. even if it had gone all the way through to bailiffs they can only add £310, £310+£50=£360...not £452!! .................... i have attached one of your pdf's, is that your home address blanked out in otherwords that notice to owner went to YOU? so this pcn with bailiffs (IF its the same numbered one!!) wasnt paid in 14 days @£25, so it went to £50. now you state there was no pcn on your windscreen, though the NTO attached states there WAS. so you did not get the original PCN, the council never sent you one with your name and address after they must have been told who was leasing the vehicle when the council wrote to our employer the hiree and they told them you were the leaser from the trust. the council should have sent a new pcn and  reset everything. so you appear to me to have legal cause to appeal using the correct forums by reading        
    • Can't remember the original creditor now but it will have been a CC. Last payment to OC would have been a long time ago, as I recall, I think it was almost SB when they took it to CC - around 12 mths left ish. Thx, I'll wait to hear from the court then.
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

    • If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

      On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

      Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

      The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

      I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

      Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

      Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

      The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

      Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

      One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

      Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

      We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

      It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.


      OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
        • Like
  • Recommended Topics

Tenant Refusing Agent and surveyor entry

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hope someone can advise me please.


I am a landlord who has rented to a 'guaranteed rent' letting agency and they have been fine up to now.


My house has been let via the local council housing as temporary accommodation.


But, now I find myself in a situation where I need to either sell or remortgage and the tenant's son is refusing entry to another agency with interested buyers and also the biggest problem I have is that a surveyor is due to attend to survey the property next Friday and the letting agent is advising that I arrange with the tenant's son for the surveyor, which he is refusing.


The tenant's son was very abusive and aggressive to a prospective buyer who arrived to view as arranged with the tenant (viewer intended to still rent out as a landlord) and the selling agent and viewer were forced to leave the property.


What can I do?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your response.


I am hoping not to have to go to a solicitor as this survey is due next week and also possible buyers not gaining access.


I feel sure that the parents are the tenants and not their son, he is just living there so not sure how he is able to refuse anything but is possibly just a bully and causing problems where there is no need.


Just being difficult.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Check lease for clause on periodically viewing the property.


If no clause then its technically the renters property because they pay rent. You cannot just let yourself in willy nilly.


The alternative is to serve notice to vacate the property. If up to date with rent then I think its a section 21 ( two months notice)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure what the rule is for periodically viewing the property as these are temporary council tenants housed by the local borough through the 'guaranteed rent' agency scheme and I don't believe the son is the tenant, his parents are, so feel like he is bullying and also wonder why he doesn't want the agency in the house?? Is there something happening in there he has to hide or if not, what right has he got??

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the let has terms that allows the landlord to do periodic inspections, show people round etc as most agreements do then the occupier is in breach of this agreement and the council should know they will be given notice of the ending of the tenancy agreement because of this. they know that they will have to rehome the occupier and will have lost the property's availbility because of this and may well instruct the recalcitrant person to wind their neck in.

Also, dont trust letting agencies to do your job for you, they are mostly not interested in anything other then their percentage

Link to post
Share on other sites



You need to look closely at what you signed up to with that letting agency for this rent guarantee scheme via the council.


You also need to contact the council and ask for a copy of there rent guarantee scheme policy for landlords and see what it says.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...