style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 468 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just after a bit of advice.

I have had a gambling illness for years and been in and out of debt. I am seeking help now.

I took out a loan with a company about 5 years ago and the wages for that loan came straight out of my wages so they wouldn't agree to a payment plan but I made it clear I had a gambling illness, anyway a couple of years after they let me take out another loan. Im just wondering would this be classed as irresponsible lending?

To make it clear I know I'm the one who has the problem not them but you may of thought they should of had a flag on their system?

I'm not really after a refund on what I have already paid but looking to maybe a reduced payment now.

Thanks in advance :-)

Yes esp if you had other debts and your credit file was shot with defaults

See our guide in the pdl forum

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thanks for your reply, I will check out that page if I can find it.

Obviously when I applied for loans my head was all over the place so I may of not been 100% honest with them on the application although I'm guessing they should of still refused my application or at least ask me about my gambling illness I emailed them about on my previous loan?

thanks for your help, it was actually a credit union but im guessing the guide will cover loans from them aswell.

One thing im slightly worried about is can they get funny if they believe I have lied on my application? as obviously having a gambling problem you do tend to lie.

Works for anyone

And i would expect a credit union to be strict too!

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets