tupe and p45 help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got my p45 from old employee company on 31st of july and new company took over on 1st august at the same work place

but the new company never asked for p45

I did have a sheet that asked about hmrc if I got another job which I ticked

but im after finding out as Ive been transferred will I get taxed due to not giving them p45 which I wasn't asked to give and theres other staff that wasn't told either

Hi,

If you give them your P45 the tax will sort itself out faster than if you don't, but ither way it'll be fixed in time. It sounds like a badly handled TUPE though. One payroll department hould be able to talk to the other!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Many employers no longer need the P45 to process taxation due too the live system. They only require your NI number which will almost certainly be passed on via payroll. Employers are obligated to provide one. But many now don't even ask for it. Have you thought of asking the new employer?

I'm sure it does depend on the employer, but when we put a new starter on now we don't even ask for the P45, and payroll will have all their tax details within minutes of putting them on the system. I took on 11 staff earlier this year, and their entire payroll was sorted within an afternoon without P45's. Shame IT log in isn't as competent- gave them two weeks notice of the staff starting and it was still a week later that they finally got access to our servers!