Met Parking Southgate Stansted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction. I received a penalty notice today as the registered keeper for "Vehicle left in Southgate car park and occupants left Southgate park premises." Basically a friend borrowed my car parked in this carpark but went to the Macdonald's which apparently is not on the premises!

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 26th July 2018

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 24th August 2018

3 Date received 28th August 2018

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? MET parking services

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Southgate Park, Stansted (Retail site at Stansted airport shared between McDonalds, Starbucks and two other food venues)

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. BPA

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

copy the windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions...

Judging by the dates of the NTK your friend

Received a ticket on the day so it would help if

you could please post up their ticket as well as

Your own to see if either comply with POFA.

If they don't you are both in the clear as far

As not paying this invoice.

At the moment you have not enough info to

be able to contest the ticket so please do not

write to them yet.

I'm the meantime please write to the DVLA

And ask who applied to them for your ticket

And when as they were very tight when

Asking for your details. Also ask the reason

They gave for issuing the ticket.

Next check with the local Council to see if they

Have planning permission to erect signs in the

car park

Hi

thanks for the quick response.

There was no ticket on the car, MET have a video capture of my friend parking the car and another of him walking away from the car. First I knew about it was the NTK in the post today!

I am on my phone today so not as easy For me as on my PC.

I have just looked at another thread on hereAbout met Parking at Stansted and the Same thing happened there. (They have to send The NTK within 14 days of the alleged Offence.

As they have failed to do that just ignoreEverything they send you. Do not respond And they will give up as they know they Would lose in Court.

If they were really dumb they may send you A Letter of Claim in which case come back to

Us but keep their paperwork .

Please post up the NTK they sent .

Edited by honeybee13
Spacing

Hi

So let's get this right. Your friend entered the site and parked near Starbucks then walked around to Maccy D's? Did your friend park somewhere different and walk back to the site? These are not that clear. Can you clarify

The signs at the entrance only state that you have 60 minutes free parking at McDonalds but mentions nothing about any other outlets. I can't see the signs clearly but the ones at McD's seem to be a different colour to the other ones.

Do you know anyone that can go back and take some pictures?

Oh yes, they are well out of time so ignoring is an option but I would still go on their website to look and see if they have other images. I would also contact the DVLA to ask when Met Parking applied for the keeper info.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

everyone walks away from their cars, that is the point of parking!

However, MET are screwed by the Ibbotson case as they cant determine why the person walked away and what time they returned and it is entirely reasonable to conclude that having soe business at the site is enough to negate the terms that limits parking to " customers only" or whatever the wording is.

As they didnt issue a screen ticket they are stuffed on the POFA front as long as you do not idnetlfy the driver even if they do have film of that person they still dont know who it is and nor will they otherwise they should have given them the ticket!

thanks for the quick response.

There was no ticket on the car, MET have a video capture of my friend parking the car and another of him walking away from the car. First I knew about it was the NTK in the post today!

Edited by honeybee13
Paras