• Tweets

• As I recall the only thing you tried telling us was based on a quote that you selectively edited by Lord James of Blackheath. You misrepresented it as a statement of fact when it was actually a question which was laughed at by his peers in the House of Lords.  We told you it was garbage, you asked us to prove it and we did.   Remember?
    • you need to realise that for every person that does come to CAG and register and tell their story...there are poss 10'000 that don't but search the interweb whereby threads that are here pop up relating to like issues they are searching upon.   Most CAG siteteam and many other registered Caggers give advice that bears this in mind and post information which not only informs the starter of a thread upon what to do, but also takes into consideration the readers from the interweb that also read the relevant advice given that might not be brave enough to register and fess up.   to that end, there is very little alternative than to appear to give 'grief' [you deserve it - tough] to a cagger should certain previous advice not have been followed.....yours is a very classic case of such. hey I've found a backdoor CCJ.   to put it bluntly, had you have followed such previous advice, you most certainly would not be in the situation you are in here now.. .so by example, not giving you grief, for future readers...………..   ...never ever move without informing a debt owner of a move of address on any consumer debt that you last used or paid within the last say 7yrs. your credit file is a major key to ascertaining that information.... .but don't just read this advice come to the consumeractiongroup.co.uk website and let us help.   lecture over... what can you do..or more importantly....what can a claimant do now they have a default forthwith judgement against you. well we can't guess.... they might simply ignore it as 1000's of people with CCJ's find out..but it becomes an issue should you wish to say get a mortgage, remortgage or further credit.   i'm not going to enter into any of that here...that's for the reader to start a thread here and seek advice on their individual situation specific to them as you have done....   so...  bearing the all of the above in mind...over to you with regard to this backdoor CCJ.   as for the other debts that you didn't action before...go read your old thread and action what appropriate advice is given there for each type of debt that has been given should you wish to avoid any further backdoor CCJ's.   dx                    
    • hello my very good helpful friend. I am afraid to say that i did not. As i did not realise the relevance of it.   Should i be doing this right now of anyone on my credit file ?   Plz don't give me grief if u have already advised me...   do i do the ccs request now to everybody in that thread ?    
    • aha busted and stupid ...no wonder you've got mixed information here. never trust anything they say ..they have a very bad reputation for stating the truth.   now can you go get your credit file please..   there are cases whereby a council on historic CTAX debts do go for a county court CCJ, but a liability order from a magistrates court has far more clout legally than a county court CCJ and i've never heard of a court sending a bailiff out for 'multiple' CCJ collection.   me thinks he is pulling the wool here a bit and has looked at your credit file and seen CCJ's too so thought he'd chance his arm and use those as further leverage.   don't worry about the sat visit simply ignore do not answer the door if he appears. your task is too gather data at present.   credit file please..        
  • Our picks

nogymguy

Euro car park, PCN, 14/08/18. Browncross Street car park, Salford, Manchester

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 466 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All.

The SIP and Euro carpark are both right next to each other. I bought a Sip ticket on my first day parking and parked in the euro car park side.

Was parked here for 5 days. Made this mistake on the Monday. Then bought 4 Euro car park tickets for 15,16,17,18 of August.

I have retained the ticket for all 5 days.

It's a confusing area to park.

The Euro car park is on the left of the big Sip car park. This is where I parked.

Google maps location link: edit. won't let me paste link.

1 Date of the infringement (Date of event 14/08/2018)

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 04/08/2018

3 Date received. (Date issued is 21/08/2018).

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] n

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Photos of number plates on entry and exit

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal]

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? Euro Car parks

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Browncross Street, Salford, Manchester.

sip.PNG

Edited by nogymguy

can you check your dates above please

not making sense

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

[quote=nogymguy;5143054

1 Date of the infringement (Date of event 14/08/2018)[/b]

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 04/09/2018

3 Date received. (Date issued is 21/08/2018).

I hope this makes sense. The letter received states:

Date of Event: 14/08/2018

Date Issed: 21/08/2018

Date to pay within 14 days: 04/09/2018.

pos up the NTK with your personal details and any ref codes or barcodes removed. We can then see what it is they say you have done wrong and see if it matches with the contract offered by the signage.

we will als need to see some decent pictures of the signage at the entrance to both car aprks and also what is written on the ticket machines. make sure that you label the images correctly.

I have attached the parking charge notice.

Will get the pictures of the car park tomorrow.

I have updated PCN and scanned the back of it in.

Can also use a scanner to scan it but easier to take a picture, edit and convert to pdf.

As the form is filling all my pictures in various different angles, I have attached a PDF instead that has all these pictures.

Was going to upload to imgur.com but I need 10 posts to be able to post link.

Hope they help.

docs1.pdf

thread tidied

posts merged

pdf merged to one and reduced in size from 35Mb to 6Mb

thanks for uploading them

we don't like using hosting sites as it forces people on limited speed connections or paying for mobile data to view large pix by default.

the experts should be around tomorrow

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

I would imagine that you are not the first person to have done that. It is a shame that each company could not make a transfer between themselves when it happens.

AS that is not going to happen we will have to look at where their signage etc does not enable them to form a contract with you.

The most obvious one in your situation is whether the Council have granted them planning permission for their signs under the Town & Country [Advertisements] Act and also whether they are permitted the use of ANPR cameras. If no PP then they should not even have notices there let alone issuing tickets. [by the way they do mention POFA on their NTK.]

Don't go thinking it is a long shot as most of these companies do not bother to contact the Council at all.

Alright.

How do I get in touch with the council? Who do I speak to and what should I ask?

Edited by dx100uk

You want the Planning department-some Councils post up the applications submitted on line. You can write or email them and ask if PP has been permitted and also ask about ANPR being granted too.

You want to ask if the Notices in the car park have been granted planning permission under the Town and Country [Advertisements} Regulations 2007.

You want the Planning department-some Councils post up the applications submitted on line. You can write or email them and ask if PP has been permitted and also ask about ANPR being granted too.

You want to ask if the Notices in the car park have been granted planning permission under the Town and Country [Advertisements} Regulations 2007.

I tried to find a contact number but it feels like a long process.

I currently have the SIP ticket for Monday (when this fine happened).

I also euro car park ticket for Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri which I can attach as proof.

It was also the first time I had parked in a Euro car park.

How do I mention the above coherently in an appeal?

Please see my current appeal below:

*PCN number*

To whom it may concern,

Thank you for taking into account my appeal. I am appealing on the basis that the alleged contravention did not occur because of contradictory signage. Though the ticket is the result of an alleged Parking Charge Notice, I argue that the signs failed to adequately inform me of the regulations. I believe that because two signs conveyed alternate instructions, the rules of parking on Browncross Street were unclear.

Therefore, I argue that no offence has been committed (as required by as required by Schedule 6 of Traffic Signs Regulations 1994 and under the Road Traffic Act of 1991). I arrived and intended to park lawfully. However, when I observed the two signs, the following contrast immediately became clear: Sign 1 had the following implication: Sign states "SIP car park" so I was misled and purchased the SIP ticket Yet, sign 2 had the following implication: The Euro Car park sign is facing away from the road and not visible As the first sign was near the second (Far enough to cause a confusion between two car parks), the contrast between these two instructions prevented me from making an informed decision about how to act.

For this reason, I assert that liability for this penalty charge notice should be removed. I believe that the court should exercise fairness in cancelling a ticket that, according to the guidance, is perfectly justified to be cancelled. I will, of course, endeavour to avoid this again, but I feel that the issue of a ticket is an unlawful action inconsistent with precedent. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you"

Thanks guys.

Hi.

Have you already sent that appeal please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

you will get nowhere with that, even saying it is a penalty charge will make them rub their hands in glee.

If you feel you must say something a simpler letter would say "Dear Sirs, your signage is too crap to be considered to offer a contract so I cant owe you money for breaching somehting that doesnt exist".

You can save the rest for when they have spent their £15 on DCAlink3.gif threatograms and decide to threaten you with court in the hope you are frightened enough to pay up

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Hi.

Have you already sent that appeal please?

HB

Hi. Not yet. 14 day fine due on On/04/09 so would plan to send it off today.

I'm glad you haven't sent it. If it were me, I'd be writing what EB suggests.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

you will get nowhere with that, even saying it is a penalty charge will make them rub their hands in glee.

If you feel you must say something a simpler letter would say "Dear Sirs, your signage is too crap to be considered to offer a contract so I cant owe you money for breaching somehting that doesnt exist".

You can save the rest for when they have spent their £15 on DCAlink3.gif threatograms and decide to threaten you with court in the hope you are frightened enough to pay up

I paraphrased your sentences on no contract being made and sent two lines as my appeal with no evidence. Let's see. Appealed via online.

Parking companies don't do "Mr Nice Guy", they also have no morals so when a motorist doesn't comply with their parking regulations they get a ticket. And they will not quash that ticket until they have frightened the life out of the recipient hoping that they will pay up before the charges go up even more.

Is there a way to stop them? Yes ignore them to begin with and collect all the information you can on where they have gone wrong . You then write telling them why you are not going to pay and what you say about them is not something that they would want repeated in Court [because it would be true]. So if they can't take you to Court and you're not going to pay they move on to another motorist.

It is simple but it takes time. So whatever you say initially is unlikely to stop them pursuing you and it runs the danger [as your first attempt would have] of confirming that you were the driver which is why we advise ignoring them. It is just a waste of time on your part. In addition a letter to them often indicates that the person is worried and would rather pay up than go to Court which is why Ericsbrother's letter was strong. That letter would have put them on notice that getting money after that would not be easy.

You say that you "paraphrased" the letter. I do hope that you didn't water it down or use the word "I" in it or you will start to get all the debt collectors under the sun writing to you expecting you to pay them.

Now with regards to finding out if they have planning permission or not is very important. If they don't have it their signs are illegal and cannot form a contract with you. End of. That is what you should be doing-finding reasons why there is no need for you to pay rather than writing to a bunch of crooks who would not even cancel a ticket issued to their granny.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras