Parking Eye ANPR PCN Claimform - 10mins overstay - Lido, Ethelbert Ter, Margate **STRUCK OUT**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Otherwise I could simply say

The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all due to the claimants self declared grace period of 10 minutes or more as stated in the claimants own documentation. [included as attachment]

["ParkingEye operates a minimum grace period of ten minutes or more on all sites which gives the motorist time to enter a car park, park, and establish whether or not they wish to be bound by the terms and conditions of parking.

A grace period of 10 minutes or more is in place at this site which is fully compliant with clauses 13.2 and 30.2 of BPA code of practice which states ‘If the parking location is one where parking is normally permitted, you must allow the driver a reasonable grace period in addition to the parking event before enforcement action is taken. In such instances the grace period must be a minimum of 10 minutes"]

OK thanks, I've not dealt with a county court claim before - you say the usual two? you mean these two below? or something else there is no 'usual' for me!

1) It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of [motor vehicle].

2) It is denied that the Claimant entered into a contract with the Defendant. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the carpark is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. The proper Claimant is the landowner.

3) The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all due to the claimants self declared grace period of 10 minutes or more as stated in the claimants own documentation. [included as attachment]

["parkingeyeicon operates a minimum grace period of ten minutes or more on all sites which gives the motorist time to enter a car park, park, and establish whether or not they wish to be bound by the terms and conditions of parking.

A grace period of 10 minutes or more is in place at this site which is fully compliant with clauses 13.2 and 30.2 of BPA code of practice which states ‘If the parking location is one where parking is normally permitted, you must allow the driver a reasonable grace period in addition to the parking event before enforcement action is taken. In such instances the grace period must be a minimum of 10 minutes"]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better but take out the waffle and repeats and ref to the relevant codes

Thats for later

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

OK so then like this?

2) It is denied that the Claimant entered into a contract

3) The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all due to the claimants self declared grace period of 10 minutes or more as stated in the claimants own documentation.

start of 3 'The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety' take it out

2) It is denied that the Claimant entered into a contract …...should that not read ,,,,it is denied the defendant entered into a contract with the claimant because….

just put a brief reason why.

in my eyes that perfect now well done!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Please ready what dx wrote. You put the absolute basics in your defence. Then you elaborate them later on IF and a big IF, the case ever gets that far. The defence you enter on mcol isnt your final defence. Its just the basic one to show you follow procedure.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

no they are not reasons

something about the signs is best, saw no obvious signage that restricted a short 10 mins stay to get my bearings

and they

Do as DX suggests get that defence in now CLOCK IS TICKING. Don't give Parking Eye a nice easy default.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

hang fire 10mins or so

I see EB is around he's going to pop in for you

post up what you are going to file by mcol again

dx

and they

2) It is denied the defendant entered into a contract with the claimant because there was no obvious signage that restricted a short 10 mins stay (also inadequate lighting in the car park?)

3) It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all due to the claimants self declared grace period of 10 minutes or more as stated in the claimants own documentation.

Is it good to mention the lack of lighting also?

-also the general state of repair being very poor - missing posts, no lighting, faded bay markings etc

or is the above sufficient?

Edited by Parking Pain 108

OK how about writing something in english that is short and to the point.

So something like

"1. the defendant denies that any moneis are due to the claimant because there was no breach of contract to create a cause for action.

The claimants Accredited Trade Association, the BPA has a MINIMUM grace period of 10 minutes to allow the necessary consideration of the offer of conditions to park and other actions before any contractual condition can be applied.

The defendant was not there for longer than the grace period and no contract was entered into.

2. In any case the defendant does not believe that the claimant has the lawful authority to enter into contracts with the public at this site"

that will cover the points you will make in detail later.

get this off NOW. Paper copy to PE. The courts will allow a bit of leeway for late submissions but dont push your luck by leaving it any longer

NO nothing else said that enough times. those for later...

file it by MCOL as you did the AOS earlier

just click the defence box copy n paste

you have 20mins [must be done by 4pm TODAY]

as for the papercopy to PE

that can be posted tomorrow if needs be

and they

OK thanks I emailed it to the address someone from the court gave me - [email protected] - so I presume they know what they're talking about!

Might be confusing to upload at MCOL as well?.

I'll post a paper copy to PE as well

I'll let you know when I hear anything

Thanks for the help

No file it on mcol

Thats what it is there for

and they

I know it’s scary to receive court papers but please trust the advice you are being given. Just make sure you post any and all correspondence you receive from PE/court on this thread and follow the advice given.

PE are looking for an easy win, they are hoping you’ll roll over and pay. When they discover you are fighting back they will step up the pressure in the hope they can intimidate you into paying..

When I filed my defence against PE I receive an onslaught of letters from PE. The purpose of the letters was to intimidate me into paying. When that failed they “generously” offered me a discount and agreed to withdraw the case if I agreed to pay. I didn’t respond to the letters and just waited to hear from the court.

MCOL wrote to PE to ask if they intended to proceed with the claim but PE failed to respond to the court. MCOL made the decision that the case would be stayed and if PE wanted to proceed they would have to make an application to the court to have the stay lifted. The cost of this is more than the actual claim so it’s extremely unlikely PE will proceed with this course of action.

If you follow the advice you are given it’s extremely likely your case wiwill either be stayed or dismissed.

Just a friendly suggestion but if you can please remember to make a donation to the site afterwards as a thank you for all the help you’ve received. That’s what I did anyhow

• Haha 1

ok thanks:

yourturntopay: yes thanks for your advice will do regarding the donation

dx100uk: I rang the court today they said they received the defence yesterday and it was in time,

ericsbrother: ok I'll have a look at those unfair contracts regs and s62 of the Consumer rights ac - what error did you make in the defence?

thanks dx100uk & ericsbrother

• 1 month later...

you don't

you await your N180 from the COURT

go read like threads

get upto speed

you should be using your 'downtime' between parts of the court process to read as many PPC claimform threads as you can

and they

Hi youturntopay thanks again

I guess this will sound stupid but I just found a letter my wife had tucked away while i was abroad it is the "Notice of allocation to the Small Claims Track" which includes the N180 which is due... tomorrow 8th October. Yes I realise it doesn't look good.

Its asking if I agree to the case going to mediation, if i agree this is appropriate, if i wish to use written evidence of an expert etc

I understood I should not agree to mediation but just read somewhere that the court expects you too?,

In any case I'm reading up on it now but thought I should make a post quickly as it needs to go off tomorrow!.

I will try to upload the form now. - I realise I messed up time wise but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No to mediation

1 wit YOU

Rest is obv

3 copies

1 to the court

1 to sols (or pe if none)..no sig/phone/email

1 for your file

Wont hurt its late

You are a LiP litigant in person with a bit of leeway

You say no because there is nowt to mediat e overt

We dont need to see an n180

and they