style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 362 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I have recently moved out of a privately rented property and have paid the rent up to the 31st of August. I did do the check out last Thursday and have received no information as to whether the landlord is wanting to deduct anything from the deposit (which he shouldn't as the flat was in immaculate condition and clean - unlike when I moved in!).

This morning I have received an email from NPower informing me a new tenant has moved in - my question is whether the landlord can legally do this as I am still paying rent?

Any advice very gratefully received!

Yes...does not affect you.

Andy

So I have no right even though I'm still paying rent? Thank you for replying - much appreciated.

Depends what you agreed. By ending the tenancy early you dotn automatically get any money back so LL may have said you can go early and was then just lucky with a new tenant and this wouldnt affect your contract as that will have ended when you left. just make sure you arent paying any bills there still such as council tax or water rates etc.