Amigo loans***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

My husband has a loan with amigo.

He was declared bankrupt in may this year.

Amigo loan is down supposed to be paid by his guarantor.

And has been since his bankruptcy.

today for some reason they’ve taken from my bank account as this was how he paid it Initially.

Can I get this money back as it’s not my debt and I’m not the guarantor.

The money they’ve taken is all the money I had

anyone help with this please many thanks

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Complain to your bank immediately and claim the money back

you will be covered by the direct debit guarantee but anyway it seems to me as if the payment they took is unauthorised

Also begin a formal complaint to Amigo Loans and move it to the Financial Ombudsman Service as soon as possible

if they offer you a gesture of Goodwill you should insist on a fairly substantial payment such as£200 in order to drop any complaint to the ombudsman

I phoned bank this morning they told me there’s nothing they can do until it leaves my bank and then I can raise dispute. Next call will be to amigo so stressed this was my family credit they’ve taken

Thanks for your reply

I don't believe what the bank says.

If I were you I would send them a letter immediately giving them a firm instruction that a forthcoming payment to Amigo Loans is unauthorised and that you are instructing the bank not to pay it and that if they disobey your instruction then you will begin an immediate complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

You should deliver this letter to your branch and also send a copy recorded delivery as well as making a complaint over the telephone and getting a reference number

Which bank are you dealing with?

Send the letter Anyway.

Send it now. also deliver a copy in person as I have suggested above

You need to leave it beyond doubt that if they make any payment but they are disobeying your instruction.

I'm almost certain that in the past 2 or 3 years there were some rules or clarification made about stopping these kind of payments by the customer.

don't trust your bank and in particular I noticed that Santander came towards the bottom of the list in the recent FCA league of worst performing banks with worst customer satisfaction.

Don't trust your bank. They are not your friend.

Put the letter in confirming your telephone instruction not to pay and your disappointment that they have disobeyed your instruction and that you now want to begin a formal complaint

Begin the complaint and insist on receiving your money back plus any interest and any charges and also begin a formal complaint anyway because you will be looking for compensation which i suppose the bank will eventually say is simply a gesture of Goodwill.

Stop Believing your bank. They are as disreputable as Amigo Loans

You might find the following wording useful in your letter to the bank:

Date:

Bank

Street

Town

Postcode

Dear Sirs,

Account/Card no:

Please act upon the following instruction with immediate effect:

In accordance with Regulation 55 of The Payment Services Regulations 2009: I am advising you that I withdraw authority for any payments, in any form whatsoever, to be made to Amigo Loans, I have no business with them and they have used my bank details without my consent.

Yours faithfully,

Make two copies and get someone at the bank to sign one copy to confirm they have received it. (time and date)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

blocking or cancelling the card does not stop CPA

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks everyone. Sorry didn’t update yesterday money is to be refunded in 3/5 working days and the bank have stopped any further payments coming out my bank. Dosent help I’m without money until then but pleased I’m being refunded. Thankyou all for help and advice.