Octopus Iresa Energy supplier and debt and DCA's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1671 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

they seem to be experts at corporate B.

Nice glossy candy floss until there's a dispute then at first letter they threaten a Debt Collection Agency if you don't pay.

I think everyone in this group will agree that you should ignore the DCA threat, dispute the payment with Octopus and see what they say.

Does anyone know if it's true that they can only pursue a energy debt for a year?

the back billing rules mean they cant bill you for anything they missed out on that is more than a year old.

if they sent an incorrect bill in that time they can pursue it ( doesnt make the bill correct though).

If you heard nowt from them for a year after you left Iresa the they are breaking the back billing rules regardless of you actually paying your new supplier.

Ignore any dca as they have nothing to bring to the party, let them waste their stamps

• 6 months later...

Was in contact with Octopus as lawyers dealt with change of house ownership, out of the blue there was a letter from aic dca to the occupier.

A letter I wrote to octopus must have crossed in the post.

I reached agreement and paid Octopus making sure the account was now up to date I didn't mention AIC at all because the letter they wrote was to the occupier and I won't deal with dcas.

Will aic try to contact me or am I correct in thinking Octopus will contact them and stop anything they try, or should I just ignore aic totally and let them waste their money?

no dca has any legal powers on any debt

they are not bailiffs 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Octopus Iresa Energy supplier and debt and DCA's