PCN for delivering in my car and not van (good vehicle)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

no you're ok

just moved over your posts from that other thread

and tidying things up

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am so sorry I just don't know how to do that and I am worried that I will make things worse. Took me a good half hour to find out how to post a new thread and not nick someone else's!!

If I wasn't so desperate to resolve this matter i'd just shut up the office and go home!!! and forget about this site - but I don't know where else I might get some advise on this as it all seems wrong!

ive moved the posts here

carry on.

go look up that TRO

it should be on the councils website im sure

just find the relevant section on their website

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you DX100UK.

I have been able to locate the TRO but only the amended one.

I noticed last week that they are looking to amend the use of the bay to including a waiting time and taxis during certain hours.

I can not see the original TRO.

My concern is that they are restricting deliveries to 'Good Vehicles' and this means every time I deliver there I risk getting a ticket.

I cannot understand why they are doing this as its not an overly busy delivery location.

I have never struggled to pull up there.

There are plenty of disabled parking spaces and shoppers parking spaces in the multi story car park.

In addition to this even for service vehicles the time is restricted to 6- 12 midday

- Hope no one gets stuck in traffic as they will end up with a ticket!!

There will be a service delivery loading bay somewhere as its a new shopping centre.

The only entrance for my client is at this point so I have no choice to use it.

Which I think they understand by allowing service vehicles.

Maybe because I am not knowledgeable in this area I am missing something obvious but I fail to understand why I can not do the same job in the same way in the same location because my vehicle is different?

What do they gain by restricting to service vehicles because I loose a lot.

no harm in ringing them tomorrow and asking

typically TRO offices are very accommodating.

and they

TRO = Traffic Regulation Order.

If you ask the council for a copy of the TRO governing the spot where you parked, they shouldn't have any problem providing you with one.

I can see your predicament, but I have to be honest and say none of that will get you the PCN cancelled, let alone freedom to park there in future. You have to go by what the restriction is, however difficult that makes things - although you can of course lobby the Council separately to see if they will consider changing it.

Have you explored other options, eg you can use yellow lines for unloading, so long as it is continuous.

• 2 months later...

Hi, Update.......

So the situation to date is that the council have upheld their PCN and my appeal to their PCN. I have now appealed to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal. The local paper has run a story on how crazy the situation is and the shopping center management think the restriction is crazy as do the center users.

East Riding Council Highways dont take calls or communicate but have said that the developer Wykeland make all decisions with regard to parking restrictions. I have contacted Wykeland for comment. So basically there is a recessed area for making deliveries to a restaurant on the outside edge of the shopping center. I guess they created this becasue the loading bays underneath are too far away to be safe or practicable on the other side of the center.

The double yellow lines have pips on, the disabled bays are disabled bays and the taxi bays are taxi bays. The only way a delivery can be made to this side of the center if you don't have a commercial vehicle is to either hire one or use the delivery bay the HGV's use in the loading area (which seems more unsafe to me!) and walk all the way across with the goods (which seems crazy to me!)

The issue is that they are punishing me NOT for making the deliveries but for the type of car I am making them in as they stipulate vehicles are to be made by commercial vehicles only in this location. There is no obvious reasonable or viable reason for this restriction.

I dont think I have legal grounds for the appeal but I am hoping common sense will prevail. I have sent in as evidence a copy of the delivery note (Thought the delivering is not the issue) and stated that my car is insured for commercial use and is used for deliveries. Lets see.........

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Oh No! Have I done it again?? I thought I was updating on my original post. I did see the posts by survival but don't remember that being my user name. I made a note in my phone of my user name (heathertippex) and password. That's not to say I could have forgotten my original user name and pass word. How can we delete the 'survival' account because the post is definitely mine so the account must be !!!

So the situation to date is that the council have upheld their PCN and my appeal to their PCN. I have now appealed to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal. The local paper has run a story on how crazy the situation is and the shopping center management think the restriction is crazy as do the center users.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter how many people say they think it's crazy - you won't get a cancellation on that basis.

East Riding Council Highways dont take calls or communicate but have said that the developer Wykeland make all decisions with regard to parking restrictions. I have contacted Wykeland for comment. So basically there is a recessed area for making deliveries to a restaurant on the outside edge of the shopping center. I guess they created this becasue the loading bays underneath are too far away to be safe or practicable on the other side of the center.

I find it hard to believe. You were ticketed by the Council, right? I would be astonished if a private company made "all" decisions in this respect. The council surely have at least a role to play, if not complete authority over it.

The issue is that they are punishing me NOT for making the deliveries but for the type of car I am making them in as they stipulate vehicles are to be made by commercial vehicles only in this location. There is no obvious reasonable or viable reason for this restriction.

Nope. They are punishing you for parking where you're not allowed.

I dont think I have legal grounds for the appeal but I am hoping common sense will prevail. I have sent in as evidence a copy of the delivery note (Thought the delivering is not the issue) and stated that my car is insured for commercial use and is used for deliveries. Lets see.........

Adjudicators don't apply common sense. They very much look at the legal grounds, and whether the set processes have been followed etc. I fear you will be wasting everyone's time, but it's your right, if you want to.