temporary absence of joint claimant trigger migration to UC

konark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If a couple have a joint JSA claim and the one who doesn't sign on (i.e not the lead claimant) goes abroad for a few weeks does this trigger migration to UC, either on leaving or returning?

How long is a "few weeks" ?

What benefits are you currently claiming ?

Do you plan on staying within the EU or going further afield ?

Depending on the benefits being claimed, the length of the trip, and whether it is outside the EU or not, you might not have to transition to UC on your return. https://www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-abroad might answer some of your questions.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

why do you think it does?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If a couple have a joint JSA claim and the one who doesn't sign on (i.e not the lead claimant) goes abroad for a few weeks does this trigger migration to UC, either on leaving or returning?

I think you need to speak to the Job Centre work coach. It would depend on current claim basis and how long abroad. If you are outside the UK for more than a month,it can affect benefit entitlement.

No mention of children, housing benefit, what other benefits are being claimed etc.

Check the Job Seekers agreement and conditions of claim. if the non signee does not have any conditions to comply with, then it might be worth looking at conditions of other benefits being claimed, to see whether it is necessary to advise of temporary absence.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi,

One child ' CTC claim, no HB

Full-service UC area.

Length of stay 6 weeks outside EU. Main claimant not traveling.

Partner going abroad has no claimant commitment but about once a year has an interview at JC.

JC coach doesn't know much about UC , they only deal with JSA.

Obviously will be telling JC partner has gone abroad, so joint claim becomes single then on return becomes joint again. Can this still be done or will it trigger migration?

Would think that JSA would remain open and not trigger to UC as the claimany signing on has not had a change in circumstances.

I would check whether the JC needs to be made aware of the absence from the UK at the moment. It might complicate matters, as absence of over a month might require a Habitual Residency Test, if this is ever disclosed in making a benefit claim.

Edited by dx100uk

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the replies,

I think the Habitual residency thing doesn't come into effect until 3 months absence.

Actually I've found out 'joint' claim is not the correct term as the absenting partner has no claimant commitment due to childcare so it's a sort of couples claim.

Really boils down to can JSA claims still be altered (couple to single ,single to couple) as long as main claimant stays the same ( in UC full-service areas).Obviously this is a change in circumstances but not all changes in circumstances trigger migration.

Nothing I have read says they can't unless one of the couple has a single UC claim