2 Penalty Charge Notice in one minute. Gloucester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just after a bit of advice really.

My wife had two fixed penalty notices came through today for an offence on 8th August.

She was in Brockworth, Gloucester with my daughter who was house hunting.

They had gotten confused and a bit lost and whilst they did not notice at the time managed to go a short distance up a bus only link road then turn around to come back.

The two tickets seem to show this but are one minute apart.

Literally one at 13:54 then the other at 13:55.

Yes ok but really two penalty charges within one minute surely not.

Each charge shows two images both on the left show the number plate.

The 13:54 on the second image shows a car approaching but a fair distance away from the camera.

On the return run which is the same camera then yes the number plate and the car.

At £60 each that’s £120 in one minute, (ok £60 if paid within 14 days) but really can they be that harsh?

Any advice please would be grateful.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

So she went up a restricted route, then a minute later came back along the same restricted route.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Then unless you get very lucky with an appeal, those charges are likely to stand. Especially if the roads were clearly marked.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

ok thanks that's all we are after but are there any clear guidelines on how roads should be marked and also how the images should be presented, On the 1st image charge the car is a fair distance away on a bend and not facing the camera then the number plate shot must be a second picture.

Can you google maps this street please. It also makes no odds where the camera was. The vehicle was captured on a restricted road.

We nearly got caught the same way in Gloucester a few years ago. It is very confusing as the road goes to a bus only lane and you have to enter a Parkade with a barrier. If you try and turn around you are committing an offence as no U turn. Weird.