• Tweets

• Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
reallymadwoman

Disputed EE account ***Resolved***

Mum's partner can no longer use a mobile phone. He has however been paying EE over £40 a month since 2006.

EE initially couldn't trace any account in his name despite giving them bank details etc, but then did find it when I said OK, give us the money back then .... They've ignored all requests for documentation so far, have known for 4 months that alleged account holder has a Power of Attorney in place, but have apparently set the debt collectors on him anyway. He's not received any correspondence from EE or the debt collector.

EE have provided some numbers associated with the account, none of which match his last number, which he would have last used at least 3 years ago. He does still have the phone and it has a Sim card in it, but heaven only knows where the charger is. One of the numbers EE provided apparently has recent regular usage, data as well as calls and texts. I can just about believe he might have, accidentally or otherwise, made a call, but sent a text or used data? No chance.

Other than repeating the request for documentation, any other suggestions?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Remove the SIM and take a close look at it. Does it have the phone number on it?

Remove the SIM and take a close look at it. Does it have the phone number on it?

I can't do that atm, I'm not at their address.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

The sim card doesn't show any phone number, managed to find a charger that fits and turn the phone on, it's none of the numbers EE provided.

EE are simply being obstructive - they've effectively refused to provide any documentation and have ignored any and all evidence that it might not be his account (including that it's set up from a different address), they simply keep repeating that until I tell them to cancel, they'll keep charging line rental though until I accept the account is Mum's partners, they won't accept a cancellation ....

RMW

So this went to the Ombudsman Service who supported EE in that doing a credit check when the account was opened means it must have been genuine, and telling me the phone is being used proves that it's Mum's partner using it and setting debt collectors on him when they know he's now in a Care Home and haven't even bothered to tell us how much is outstanding is perfectly reasonable.

It's the sort of logic I expect for a certain 'independent' appeals service for private parking charges, and so I'm giving the 'final' decision the same respect I'd accord the IAS.

RMW

To recap, EE know that their account holder lacks capacity and (presumably!) know there is an outstanding complaint with the Ombudsman Service.

They've instructed third party debt collectors to write to the account holder direct.

Whilst I'm sure it's simple incompetence, this is so wrong on so many grounds.

RMW

is it possible to get from them the geographical data for the phone when it is in use? technically this is a piece of cake but is it data that the customer is entitled to ask for i wonder?

If it is the EE will have a lot of explaining to do and may well drop the matter pronto rather than explain why they are chasing this person when it is patenty obvious not his phone use etc.

You really couldn't make this up.

Complained to EE that they are writing direct when there's an outstanding Ombudsman complaint. They've said they can't comment as the complaint it with the Ombudsman ....

RMW

They won't deal with any additional issues now as they're simply reviewing their decision and dealing with my complaint about their service.

It's tempting to just withdraw the complaint and let EE get on with making fools of themselves, I have better things to do atm

RMW

Another fairly distressed call from Mum this morning, two more letters from the debt collector still addressed to her partner still demanding payment but with no documentation etc. They'd have had my 'bog off' letter at least two weeks before these letters are dated and my Mum is now terrified a bailiff is going to come and take her car and no amount of reassurance that they can't and won't (it's motablity anyway) have made any difference.

I seem to remember from my early years on CAG that Christmas is prime time for hassling people like this. How do you add Twitter links part way through a thread? I think everyone should see what EE and Moorcroft are doing to vulnerable people.

RMW

Just to update, EE eventually cancelled all allegedly outstanding charges. Despite being told to by the Ombudsman, they never did supply any documentation.

RMW

Thread title updated.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Well done, RMW. :) How did you get them to back down?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

34 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Well done, RMW. :) How did you get them to back down?

HB

Basically by being stubborn and just refusing to pay without documentation.

RMW

Excellent. :D

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Please fill in your quit date here