Jump to content

Should I Advise Creditors of New Address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts


I have recently moved and have a dilemma how to advise some old credit card debt creditors that I have moved as do not wish to have them contacting a rented property that I no longer live at.


Most of the debts are with DCA's as have been sold by the original card issuers. There are no CCA's available for the alleged debt but they are not Statute Barred yet.


A couple of cards I have not heard from the original issuer for some time and don't know if they have been sold.


What is the best way to phrase an advice of new address without accepting liability for the alleged debts?


Something along the lines of: -


"I am in receipt of your recent letter requesting payment of the above alleged debt. However, as you have failed to provide a valid original CCA I do not acknowledge any debt to your company but advise that any future correspondence in relation to the monies related to the original CCA should now be sent to me at "New Address" in writing. Yours etc..."


Any help or suggestions please?


Edited by Andyorch
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes fine...as long as they have your new address...ask that they acknowledge..you need conformation.




We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service


If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ok, I can include that.

If I send it recorded and they don't reply is that sufficient proof of advising them?


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont waste money

Use free proof of posting at the po counter 2nd class is ok

You only need to prove you sent it, not they received it AFAIK

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the advice DX. Will do that.

Queens King, I totally agree and I don't pay them anything except for one that does have an agreements and that I have a repayment plan with.

Just need to ensure that they don't try going for a CCJ behind my back to the old address.

Thanks for your comment.


Link to post
Share on other sites

proof is the winner so to pay an extra 75p saves any doubt with a signature, if you cannot afford 75 pence then you are in dire straits no matter what, some suggest proof of posting (free) but proof of delivery pips maybe!s

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...