Billy Bremner

Leaving BT They want nearly £90 for equipment

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 336 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all.

Please could anybody give advice. I am having financial problems and decided to cancel my BT phone, internet and tv and switch to Talk Talk to save £25 a month. My BT account contract is up start of October so I set up my new account to start in September.

BT want paying for the part month which is fair but also want to charge me £65 for Broadband equipment and £24 for TV equipment which seems unfair.

Is this right?

I'm doing my best to reduce my spending and that feels like a kick in the teeth.

Thanks in advance

Did you not pay for the router when you started your broadband account with BT? I had to.

Did you not pay for the router when you started your broadband account with BT? I had to.

I don't know to be honest. I will log onto my account and see if it's mentioned.

Thanks

Just return then in a box

They normally send them to you free AFAIK?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

It appears it is because I am leaving a few days early. Change the date to exactly 12 months into my contract and they won't charge me. Bit childish of them but oh well.

Cheers all

I'm with BT and switching to Talk Talk as well as BT are charging me £47 a month just for calls with no TV :( They are also putting their prices up this month