Fabric purchased online from France never arrived, seller now ignoring emails

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Back in May, I ordered some fabric from an online store (Tissens) in France which never arrived - the tracking info said there was an issue with the address being incomplete.

I contacted Tissens' customer support at the beginning of June and they responded saying they would investigate and asked me to confirm my delivery address. I did this and heard nothing back for a further 6 weeks. When I chased it up, they eventually responded to say the shipment had been returned to them, and that if I wanted it shipped out again I would need to pay 14.5EUR.

I asked for them to confirm the delivery address on the shipment, as I had ordered from them before with no issues and my details were all saved on an account with them. A further week went by with no response, so I checked the invoice and found it had the correct address, meaning the problem was at their end.

I finally lost my patience and wrote:

Hi M*****e,

I'm really disappointed to not have a response from you.

I have checked the delivery address I entered when placing the order and it is 100% correct, and also identical to the address used on a previous successful order. So if there has been a problem with the address, it has not originated from my side and is either an issue with you or the shipping company.

Under the UK's Consumer Rights Act 2015 (which applies to purchases from other EU countries) the trader (you) is responsible for the goods until they are delivered to the customer (me). If the goods are not delivered to me within 30 days, I have a right to a full refund - with no charges or fees applied.

I would prefer to have the goods I ordered shipped to me, but this will have to be at your cost, not mine, as you were in breach of contract by not supplying the goods within an acceptable time period.

However, I will accept a full refund of all costs (i.e. items, shipping, and taxes) so I can place the order again.

I really do not enjoy having to speak to people like this, but I have been very patient for over 2 months and got nowhere.

Please respond as soon as possible.

He responded that day saying he would speak to his manager and get back to me.

A week went by, so I chased up for a response.

A further week went by, so I asked for a response again.

A further week went by, so I have (today) chased up again to say I need a response by COB tomorrow or I will take things further.

I just want them to post me the fabric I ordered, as they are the only company worldwide who supply it. I'm not sure whether I can still reverse the transaction, but if I do I'm nervous that I will be black-listed and never be able to place another order.

What can I do?

How did you pay for the fabric?

To be honest, it's likely that the company won't deal with you again anyway, so you may as well just get a full refund.

Can you get a friend or relative to buy the fabric again on your behalf (and have it sent to their address, obviously).

yes do a chargeback

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I dont know about France but in some countries if the delvery address and the cardholder address are different the bank wont process the payment and the company supplying the goods gets billed for the failed payment even though there isnt actually anything wrong. French postal system is also very off, returning things becasue they feel like it or the wrong postcode when it isnt wrong so your original parcel may have never left the country to even attempt delivery. Other countries are worse though, Italy for example