• Tweets

• Ho @honeybee13,     Re the account number...Phew! Thank you for that...I'm normally pretty careful in redacting stuff but, did post this very late last night and then started working on...redacting some documents 🙄......in the early hours of the morning when I couldn't sleep, which was in preparation for bringing you up to speed with everything.   Re your question: that's what spurred me on to finally join the site: npower have been in so many breaches over the years, it's mind numbing. One of their latest series of breaches even involves the Ombudsman sanctioning those breaches 👿 Here's what he said about this:-   "The other aspect is in relation to the deadlock letter. You are unhappy that this was sent to your nephew, Mr Sxxxx, but addressed to you. I did seek clarification from npower regarding this and they confirmed what I suspected. Because Mr Sxxxx has been assisting you with your complaint and is a named representative on your npower account, as he is on your account with us, npower state that he had requested information from them, including a deadlock letter. npower therefore sent the deadlock letter to Mr Sxxxx but because the deadlock letter is about your account, the deadlock letter was addressed to you. This is a reasonable explanation from npower, and I do not class this as a breach of GDPR because npower has not shared your personal data with anyone they were not meant to."    
    • Thanks, I have only raised it the once and just took the chance to ask if he'd spoken to the chap and once done, fully intended to thanks both. No, I don't want all the hassle, saying I'd pull my big girl pants up and listen to advice given on here. It was he who began to shout at me so I tried to stand my ground. I know these things can get out of hand. What happens if I need work on the panel in future and for workmen to be at that height interrupts their signal? This isn't a hypothetical question as I've had to have remedial work done in 2015, two years after install with scaffolding up to the roof line?  I really dont want grief again at a later date. Thanks for the reply. It's appreciated.
    • That's certainly an avenue worth exploring. It's a shame when somebody's driving record suffers because of what is essentially an "administrative" offence. Unfortunately there's no difference in the penalty between what happened here and somebody tanking it at 120 on the M1 simply declining to name the driver in order to avoid the (almost inevitable) ban for that offence.   As well as that he may be asked whether he has any unspent convictions in (say) the past five years and whatever the position with his licence he must answer "yes" to that. Whilst penalty points become spent when they cease to have an effect (i.e. after three years) the accompanying endorsement is not spent until five years have elapsed. The problem I think the OP may face is that it is often the employer's insurers who set the conditions and they may not be easily swayed.
    • Would it be an option to appeal to the company looking to employ you, explaining the situation (why you have points on your licence) and highlighting that the index offence wasn’t committed by you, and now you are more aware of the need for company policies tracking drivers, to protect the other company staff?
  • Our picks

Sign in to follow this  
NewsBot

Making it easier to use and compare current accounts

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 374 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

From today, following action by the FCA and the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA), consumers and small businesses will have better information about the services offered by current account providers. This should help them to find the right service for them, to get the most out of it, and to get help if things go wrong. *The information will also help others such as comparison services and the media to compare current accounts.

More...

Sign in to follow this