• Tweets

• The revenue protection officer worked for a train operating company.  If you know which Train company it is, go to their website and look for their complaints process.  Then submit the complaint with full details and copies of the tickets.     
    • Why aren't you recording your calls?   Please monitor this thread for a fuller reply over the weekend    
    • Why I went back:   Eventually, after being detained too long against my will. I paid the higher fare due to threats of a fine and in effort to gain my right to freedom: I then went through the turn-styles and on my visit to the booking/box office(aka: the main ticket booth on the way out) The man said I had to go back to the turn-styles to get my refund as he said it was a different system.   I asked him to come with me. He said he could not, i asked him to hold my hand. (English term of phrase). I did not want him to actually hold my hand.   He understood that and refused as he was on shift.    That is why I had to go back. I made an account here to seek help for me and other passengers. The site admin of this forum constantly tried to pass blame onto me. for many days. I cant explain how stressful this has been after the stress of the incident.   Can you please help me?                
    • So ,  after sending a letter refusing to accept the refund that was offered i received a phone call yesterday and an email that sums up the conversation i had. I have copied this below.  Good morning Mr Thank you for your email received on 16 August 2019.I’m sorry you disagree with our calculations and felt that my colleague didn’t listen to you.  I understand you don’t want us to make any accountadjustment or accept our proposed solution, until we look at everything again for you.We’re committed to providing our customers with the highest quality services, so I’ll do all I can to help you and put this right.I’m pleased we had the opportunity to talk about your concerns and decide on the best way forward.  As we agreed, here’s a summary of the issues wetalked about:· You requested details of your metered bills and payments (I’ve attached these to this email).· You don’t want to accept the solution we offered, of billing you on our ‘assessed charge’ tariff.· You don’t want to accept the goodwill payment offered £220.00 and feel you could have built your extension 2 years earlier, if we hadn’t charged youtoo much. · The meter readings we billed you for include water used at 74 Scotchman Lane, because you have a shared supply pipe.· You’d like 50% of your water and sewerage volume charges refunding to resolve this.· You’d like interest on your overpayment calculated accurately and based on 8% (not the Bank of England base rate).· You spoke to our technician and you said he advised it would be easy to alter your private pipework, so a meter can be fitted just for your home.· You prefer to pay a metered charge.· I’ll look into the points you’ve raised, and I’ll do all I can to work towards an amicable solution with you.I’ve taken the first step and I’m pleased to confirm that we’ve arranged a meter survey to be carried out on 6 September 2019 (arriving between 10amand 12 noon).  This survey will be done by our service partner ‘Morrison Utilities’, and they can estimate what it will cost you to have the pipeworkaltered, so a meter can be fitted.  Once I have the results of their visit,I’ll give you a call so we can talk about our next step.After we reach a solution and agree how you’ll be billed, I’ll be happy to work out a new interest calculation for you.  We use the Bank of England baserate and this won’t be changed, but I’ll be happy to renegotiate a final settlement figure with you.  If we pay interest, this will be subject to current HMRCtaxation rules.I assure you, I’ll keep an eye on your account and update you on each step we take.  I’ll call you again by 13 September 2019 about our progress.In the meantime, if you’d like to talk to me, please call me on 01274 318452 and I’ll be happy to help.  If I’m not available you’ll be able to talk toa colleague or leave a message.Regards   Personally i am not happy with the email especially as I didnt mention that i would pay for any pipework to be altered. He did say to me on the phone that the pipes after the boundary are ours and therefore our responsibility. I did then point out that if this was the case then there is nothing to stop me cutting and capping the pipe after it enters my property.    I am now going to try work out what the refund with 8% interest is from the figures he has provided.
    • Looking at the thread Im guessing theyre SB?
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 372 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Wondering if one of the experienced users on here can help here with this one?

Yesterday afternoon I found my car clamped by Marstons Bailiffs - no paperwork whatsoever only a scribble and phone number so I phoned them to find out that apparently I failed to pay the congestion charge in November last year but know nothing about it as they send all paperwork to a previous address even though I updated my address with the DVLA in 2017!!!

Then the bailiff stopped answering any of calls when I tried to ask her about PCN information etc and the TEC phonelines were not being answered yesterday so in a panic I phoned TfL got my PCN details, filled out the PE2/PE3 forms and headed into central London to the local magistrates court to get it signed for £25 (yes I now realise I could have gone to county court and got it for free but never mind)- was in major panic as bailiff was threatening to tow car in 2 hours- filed everything with TEC at yesterday and just had confirmation of filing today.

So now TfL have it the question is how long will it take to halt recovery and will they remove the clamp? Also who can I phone for advice? TfL say they have not received the filing from tec yet and the bailiffs wont answer my calls. I need the car as I am the named driver for my disabled father who needs to be taken back and forth to hospital. This has caused me an undue amount of distress and i genuinely dont feel i have done anything wrong - had I known id have to pay a congestion charge on the day in question i would have done. as it happens i have no recollection of that day whatsoever was it was a year ago and i have no access to any paperwork (bailiff has refused to give me anything ive asked for).

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

Hi.

I'm sorry you haven't had any replies so far, I expect it's because it's holiday season and the experienced users haven't been around since you posted.

I expect they'll be along today, please bear with us. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Then the bailiff stopped answering any of calls when I tried to ask her about PCN information etc and the TEC phonelines were not being answered yesterday so in a panic I phoned TfL got my PCN details, filled out the PE2/PE3 forms and headed into central London to the local magistrates court to get it signed for £25 (yes I now realise I could have gone to county court and got it for free but never mind)- was in major panic as bailiff was threatening to tow car in 2 hours- filed everything with TEC at yesterday and just had confirmation of filing today.

So now TfL have it the question is how long will it take to halt recovery and will they remove the clamp? Also who can I phone for advice? TfL say they have not received the filing from tec yet and the bailiffs wont answer my calls. I need the car as I am the named driver for my disabled father who needs to be taken back and forth to hospital. This has caused me an undue amount of distress and i genuinely dont feel i have done anything wrong - had I known id have to pay a congestion charge on the day in question i would have done.

I'm sorry for the delay in responding.

It truly is dreadful trying to get through to the Traffic Enforcement Centre by phone and the reason for this is simply because members of the public continue to ring TEC to ask for Out of Time witness statement forms (TE7 and TE9 or PE2 and PE3) instead of downloading the forms from the TEC website !!!

The Traffic Enforcement Centre process OOT forms up until 4pm on any weekday.

If the forms are with them by that time, TEC will send electronic notification to the relevant local authority (including Highways England and Transport for London) advising that they have received the forms and instructing them to notify their relevant enforcement company of the forms and instructing them to place enforcement 'on hold'. In reality, most local authorities do NOT receive notification of the application until the following weekday morning.

In your case, you mention this:

'Filed everything with TEC yesterday and just had confirmation of filing today'

The above comment is rather odd because it is usual to receive confirmation from the Traffic Enforcement Centre of safe receipt within approx 15 minutes of emailing the forms.

Has the clamp been removed yet?

no problem and many thanks for taking the time to respond.

in answer to your questions:

1. yes I received automated confirmation immediately after sending the pe2/pe3 forms but that was at 16:30 on Monday so I guess I missed the 4 pm slot for them to file it the same day. I then phoned Tuesday morning and they said they cant see it in the system yet as it hadn't been processed and is probably still in the email and told me to phone back at 4pm. So I phoned at 4pm on Tuesday and was told 'yes these have been filed" that's what I mean by confirmation its filed - I asked when TfL will know they said between 16:30 and 17:00 they sent an automatic email for all the forms they process that day so they said I should wait until then before contacting TfL. so I did exactly that - I phoned TfL at 17:30 and then later at 19:30 and both times were told they had received no notification. Then finally I phoned at 9:30 am yesterday and was told they had received it that morning at 7:30 and halted action but would not be able to remove the clamp until TEC has made a decision and said it could be weeks!!!!

so now I am somewhat relieved that can no longer tow the car, but indeed the clamp is still on, the bailiff will not respond to my texts/calls and no one will tell me how long it takes to find out if my stat dec will be accepted or not :(

I really need the outcome soon as my disabled father relies on me for transport :(

1. yes I received automated confirmation immediately after sending the pe2/pe3 forms but that was at 16:30 on Monday so I guess I missed the 4 pm slot for them to file it the same day. I then phoned Tuesday morning and they said they cant see it in the system yet as it hadn't been processed and is probably still in the email and told me to phone back at 4pm.

So I phoned at 4pm on Tuesday and was told 'yes these have been filed" that's what I mean by confirmation its filed - I asked when TfL will know they said between 16:30 and 17:00 they sent an automatic email for all the forms they process that day

They said I should wait until then before contacting TfL. so I did exactly that - I phoned TfL at 17:30 and then later at 19:30 and both times were told they had received no notification. Then finally I phoned at 9:30 am yesterday and was told they had received it that morning at 7:30 and halted action but would not be able to remove the clamp until TEC has made a decision and said it could be weeks!!!!

So now I am somewhat relieved that can no longer tow the car, but indeed the clamp is still on, the bailiff will not respond to my texts/calls and no one will tell me how long it takes to find out if my stat dec will be accepted or not :(

I really need the outcome soon as my disabled father relies on me for transport :(

It is sadly the case that motorists complete these Out of Time witness statements without taking advice beforehand, and without ever completing county court documentation before. To give advance warning to you, because of the above, approx 65% of these applications are rejected.

Before submitting the OOT, you would have needed to find out the date of the contravention. Clearly you had moved address but you had not mentioned WHEN you moved and when roughly you had updated your address details with DVLA. If you could respond on these points that would assist.

Agreement. It is their decision.

If you make payment, you would be entitled to a refund if your application is accepted. However, I am cautious of making this suggestion. This is because of the contents of correspondence that I received two days ago from TEC which I find to be frankly alarming:

According the MOJ, if payment has been made of the amount statement on the warrant and bailiff fees, then the Court Officer will REJECT the OOT on the basis that the matter is CLOSED. As far as I am considered, this argument is fundamentally wrong and I WILL be challenging it !!!

Edited by honeybee13
Unwanted info on experience removed

Sorry, I should have mention this as well in my above post:

Although there is no legal obligation to do so, some enforcement companies will leave the vehicle immobilised for this period(approx 6 weeks) but there really should be no reason to do so. The enforcement company could just as easily list the vehicle on a Controlled Goods Agreement.

You mention that the vehicle is needed for the transportation needs of your father who is disabled. Does you father hold a Blue Badge? If so, you should inform the enforcement company asap.

Please do respond with any queries that you may have. I will look back around mid afternoon time.