• Tweets

• Just imagine what you could do to these politicians, after 'illegally parking at a political rally, and after immediately admitting guilt and agreeing to pay the small discounted fine.   Well Rees-Mogg, Me and this baseball bat are making some good use of my free pass.... You just wait your turn there while I serve some rough justice to Johnson first. Don't worry - Its all agreed as paid for.  
    • Thanks all for your replies.  King12345 I've come to the same conclusion unfortunately, which I think is a shame as I've always defended the police and placed my trust in them in the same way as I tend to trust the medical profession (i.e. they have the benefit of the doubt....they must know what they're doing etc.).  And all for a few quid (on their side.....self employment means I will lose much more having to attend the course etc.).   In terms of the spacing of streetlights that people seem to be focusing on, I don't know whether they're "correctly" spaced or not, but to be honest the street lights and their placement was one thing that lulled me into a false sense of security.....as I drove down the road I knew I was driving through a 40 area, despite there being no signs indicating this for a considerable distance.  Also my car has a speed limit indicator on the dash that was showing 40.  I stuck rigidly under that speed limit. So the fact that there is a streetlight configuration that is completely uniform running first through a 40 zone and straight into a 30 zone with just (in my view) an undersized 30 sign delimiter was in my view, far from being a reason to note a 30 zone and a required speed change, a major contributor to me not noticing a change in the speed limit until it was too late.
    • No I didn't record the call, however that's an interesting line of thinking that I will tuck safely away in case a similar situation arises elsewhere at any time ... thanks.    
    • Ah I see, I assumed email would be best so I had a log of everything that was said. Would you reccomend sending Harlands or CRS the letter as the debt was with harlands but its CRS who are now chasing me (on the CRS email it says they are a trading name of harlands so they see to be the same company). Do you have any template lettrers that have been sent to them before?
    • Yup the bailiffs can't do squat, but if the OP tries (remember he has nothing to lose) and the council see him as vulnerable, then all fees will be removed too, as what happened to me.   It's not in any local council's interest to push someone on benefits over the edge,  and behind in their rent because they will only have to pick up a much higher bill for re housing a family.
  • Our picks

• This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
    • 30 Day Right To Reject - Vehicle Casualty Report. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415585-30-day-right-to-reject-vehicle-casualty-report/
      • 57 replies
sprungspringer

Help please Direct bikes retail ltd

Of course, whilst consulting visa they requested i send the item back as part of their terms, i explained that they have several addresses so i wasn't sure where to return it to. Visa suggested i sent them ( DB ) an email asking for the address to return the bike, They replied with,

" Your right to reject the goods was upon delivery when you are required to inspect the goods.

We will not be accept back any such return and we will not be engaging in any further communication regarding this matter."

Edited by sprungspringer
mistake

Have you sent the Letter Before Action? If not, why not?

If you have and the 14 days have run out, register with MCOL (money claims OnLine) then file your claim. Below is a pdf of court fees.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/728133/ex50-eng.pdf

Name direct bikes as the defendant. I would suggest that you use the name on the invoice rather than their new name. Direct Bikes my dispute this and try to wriggle out of it by saying they are not the correct defendant and this is why I queried the two names so you could put the new company as a second defendant.

Lay out in simple terms what the details of the claim is. i.e Bike damaged. defendant refuses return, Breach of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and whatever you can think of.

If your case goes the same way as the other one then Direct Bikes will offer you the full costs and pick up the bike but I bet they will want a confidentiality agreement which means that they will want this thread taken down and any other reviews removed.

On CAG, we don't remove threads so no matter what they want, this thread will stay up. They will argue all the way to court but I'm betting they will capitulate before the actual date. They know they are in the wrong and are bluffing when they state, no refunds or returns.

Work out what you have paid for the bike and any other costs associated with the bike (NOT the court fee) and this is the amount you can claim. Add on the court fee and then when satisfied post up what your initial particulars of claim here for the team to look at and amend if needed. Then file the claim and pay the fee. Direct Bikes will be assumed to have received the claim form three days after the court post them.

Going to court is not the easiest of tasks but it seems that is the only way you are going to get your money back.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi silverfox I am still going through the paces with visa dispute at the moment can i apply for small claims at the same time ?. I have made him aware that i will not let this matter drop. how ever i do not think i have put it as formal as that seems to be( letter before action ). Shall i do this now ? I have been told i have to wait 30 days for his response to visa ?.

Visa said to me if i could prove that they refused to accept the return which i had email proof they would proceed with the cash back.

I have been told i have to wait 30 days for his response to visa ?.

urm that's a load of ole bull!!they should be refund immediately

they do not need his 'permission' nor 'input'

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

3. Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

We seem to be going round in circles. Visa state they need the goods returned before refund. Direct Bikes are refusing to take the bike back. If you have supplied Visa with the refusal email then they should refund straight away and not faff around as they tend to do.

You have two choices. Let the Visa shambles carry on and hope or send the LBA giving the 14 days. It is my belief that if you begin the court process, Visa interactions must stop. That is your quandary!

My personal opinion (and if I wasn't desperate for the money) would be to let Visa carry on with their attempts and if that fails then go to court but that's just me. Many others would do things differently

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

This raises an interesting question. If cash back goes through by end of 30 days (45 for MasterCard) who owns the goods after this date??

What action does the law require regards disposal of goods if seller won't uplift or accept goods back.

the seller owns the goods and can make arrangements to collect. If tye are not collected within a year and a day then they are the OP's to dispose of how they see fit. This waiting period can be altered by written communication on this, hence pawn brokers having their terms specifying the pledge period but it must be reasonable notice

You could also be charging them a fee for looking after the goods until collected. A reasonable amount though. Don't be silly. Some thing like £3 per day.

Sorry, no you cant unless that was agreed at the outset or you are a motor trader or similar professional and covered by legislation that allows such charges.

Hi all just an update finally heard back from Visa and surprise surprise he disputed the claim !!. I will now send the letter before action and then go onto small claims court any information i will need ?. Also how long do i give D B to reply to lba ?. many thanks

It is a requirement that you send a letter clearly stated Letter Before Action and giving them 14 days to respond. Send this letter by signed for delivery or even Special Delivery (this costs a lot) but it ensures that they have signed for it. It's likely they will not respond to your letter so on the 15th day, register at MCOL and file a claim.

In our library are some posts about filing a claim. Have a good read and other threads about filing claims and that will give you a head start on doing it properly.

Hi Silver fox thank you, as all correspondence so far has been by email should i email this too as well as posting it ? Citizens advice said i can give just 7 days as it has been going on for so long. lovely will have a look at the files. many thanks

I would post as well. emails can be missed or ignored. I disagree with CAB. Giving 14 days will look that you are being reasonable. Once Direct Bikes have received your claim they may try to pay you if you discontinue the claim. If so, make sure of the terms they are offering. If that means you removing adverse posts on the internet, you will not be able to comply s this thread won't get deleted. (something they have demanded before in a separate case)

Just before issuing the claim, come here and I will alert a couple of people who have had experience of taking court action.

Hi thanks silverfox i have posted and emailed, he came back the next day telling me that he has given his final response on this matter does that mean that i can go ahead and file the claim now ? many thanks

He really is calling your bluff on this isn't he.

As you have his response, the only thing left to do is file the papers on MCOL

Consumer rights act and guidance

http://tinyurl.com/ybj8tgss

I'm sure I have seen a guide to starting a court claim but for the life of me, I can't find it

Thank you silverfox, just one last thing if it does go to court and the judge finds in his favour what would be the financial impact on me ie do i have to pay his costs etc ? many thanks again.

As this claim would be in the small claims court, each party are responsible for their own costs unless one party is being blatantly unreasonable. This case should never have got this far but as Direct Bikes have prevaricated and obstructed you at every turn, court is the only option you have left.

I will now alert more members of the team to assist.

Ah great thank you i will apply for the claim any advice most appreciated, i have read most of the articles i think. just have a few issues as to whom to address as the person i am claiming against etc.

Please fill in your quit date here