• Tweets

• I think you need to start giving us details of the alleged debt including date, payments made, creditor, give us the whole story. It's really difficult to give any advice without that basic information. I expect that my site team colleague @dx100uk will be along later more maybe tomorrow and we'll give advice but probably also ask for more information
    • Hi Back in October 2020 I received notification from Link Financial for a defaulted Barclaycard (Taken out in August 1991, Defaulted August 2016, Debt is a little over £9K) and requested a CCA. Early December 2020 I received a letter saying that they did not have/could not get a CCA and the debt was unenforceable.  Now I have received a reconstituted CCA and the debt has now become enforceable. I have had no contact with link besides send the CCA request and £1 postal order. They have tried calling me several times and have left a couple of messages to contact them. There are several issues I have with the reconstituted CCA. ·         Uses my current address - not my 1991 address ·         Uses Barclaycard Headquarters address of Pavilion Drive Northampton NN4 7SG – I found an article on the internet (East Midlands Business Link  (Barclays purchases Northampton Pavilion Drive headquarters - East Midlands Business Link)  which quotes ”Pavilion Drive, which currently houses 3,250 employees, has remained the UK headquarters for Barclaycard for more than 20 years since the building was opened in 1997.”, so not their address in 1991. ·         It states “If your card is Contactless” – Barclaycard issued first Contactless cards in 2007. ·         The Barclaycard contact phone number of 0333 200 9090 - Ofcom introduced 0333 numbers in 2007 These are just the obvious anomalies that I have noticed. Does this still constitute a “true copy” of the original? It looks like they have just used a recent version and inserted my current details. How do I respond to this? Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks
    • tomtom knows far more about this than I do, but I'm wondering if it's possible there would be 'bedroom tax' issues with having three bedrooms if the housing benefit people deem that you only need two.   Sorry to be negative, I think it's worth checking in case it's a problem. I wish you well with this.   HB
    • Hello and welcome to CAG.   As you're at the pre-court stage with this, please could you let us have the information requested in the forum sticky? That way we can start to advise on how to deal with your case. Please sit on your hands until the forum guys are able to get here.   https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/391121-have-you-received-a-parking-ticket/   Best, HB
    • this is part of the pack Shoosmith sent the entire contents are 54 pages and when merged into pdf it come to 33mb even with the images at 200dpi. The parts I have not posted are the statements from June 2017 to Sep 2020 and a financial means form. Doc 2.pdf
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Parking eye ANPR PCN - 10 mins stay - lido car park Margate Kent

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 886 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My son received a parking charge notice for 3/8/18.

There is a picture showing him entering the car park at 11.34am and the a picture of him leaving it 10 minutes later at 11.44.

He did not leave his car but was looking for directions on his phone so pulled in to legally use his phone to find a map to show him where to go.

As he never left his car he had assumed he didn't need to pay to park and so just left.

He has a £100 charge which will reduce to £60 if he pays within 14 days.

Surely he shouldn't have to pay a parking charge if he didn't actually park?

Is this something that is worth appealing?

I'd really appreciate some help on this.

Many thanks

IMG_3150.JPG

IMG_3152.jpg

Edited by dx100uk
Fine/charge..merge

Where does any of their paperwork say FINE please??

Please complete this

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 Date of the infringement 03/08/18

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 9/08/18

3 Date received 13/08/18

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? yes

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? Parking Eye

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Lido car park Margate Kent

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IAS

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

copy the windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions...

Ok good

There is a minimum 10 mins grace period

They know this

But are just naughty bits waving to scare people

Pers id sit on you hands until /if you get a letter of claim

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

IMHO not worth it

they know the Minimum 10 mins rule

await the letter of/before claim

see what others think .

and they

I agree, wait for them to waste their money getting rentathreats to write to you and then when they tell you they are going to sue you then you remind them that they have failed to adhere to the BPA Cop that gives a MINIMUM 10 minutes grace period.

No need to say why you were there, that isnt their business.

They supposedly have a 15 point quality control system in place to make sure that they only send out correct NTK's but the trith is they dont check anything, they rely on computer saying yes and then just post it.

Ultimately, by NOT paying he hasnt agreed to their terms so is just trespassing and that is nowt to do with PE as they arent the landowner

Edited by honeybee13
Paras