Erudio/Drydens 2*PAPLOC Now Claimform - old SLC loans - Erudio refusing Deferment as debt has matured- help deferment erudio matured refusing saying (Thread 2)

Dayzy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there,

My partner has two student loans with Erudio.

Back in March he received a phone call from them saying that his loan had matured and they wanted payment. We asked them to send this in writing and never heard anything, they also hadn’t sent any reminders regarding deferment. He continued with his deferment for his two thesis loans and received confirmation from SLC that deferment had been accepted for both Erudio and Thesis.

However we received a letter last week from Erudio demanding payment of the loan. I called them on partners behalf, he has anxiety and cannot deal with phone calls like this. Asked them why he had to pay if the slc had agreed deferment. They said that there had been a delay in deferment and as a result the loan is now post maturity. They said that they will be requesting proof of deferment history from the student loans company?? (Why do they need this?)

This morning we received two letters from Erudio, 1 saying that deferment has been rejected, and that they have requested proof of deferment history from SLC and that they have included a copy of the terms and conditions. However these have not been signed and they are just a blank printed copy of the terms and conditions. Nowhere on the letter does it say what we need to do next. The second letter asks us to complete a I&e form within 30 days so that they can agree a repayment plan. However, this all seems fishy to me.

In the terms and conditions it says that they will write to confirm deferment thresholds each year and send a pack, but they didn’t ever send anything. They also didn’t send a breakdown of the loans as I requested. They also want me to pay for a copy of the original signed loan agreement...

Please can any of you offer any advice on how to proceed??

Thesis are happy with the deferment of the loans so why are Erudio being so difficult?

Thanks so much in advance this situation is causing huge amounts of stress!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay off the phone. If they were honest the send it via letter. They have to if they want to go any further with it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks @renegadeimp they have now sent letters, but they originally phoned in March and I requested communication in writing then, however we didn’t receive anything until last week after we have received confirmation of deferment from student loans company for the loans. 

Then Erudio wrote to say that deferment was rejected as the loan had matured!

yes stay off that phone!!

never talk to a fleecing DCA {erudio are Arrows DCA] over the phone about ANY debt

they are not BAILIFFS

and have

ZERO legal powers.

if you've not already, wack in an original SLC deferment form [in the stickies of this forum]

dont ever use the ones sent by erudio as they try and waive certain inbuilt protection by the SLC.

they've already been carpeted for this matured load claim by the authorities

don't fall for it.

everything in writing ONLY. put the phone down

block their numbers and emails.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks Dx. But the student loans company have already accepted deferment for the Erudio LoanS,

but Erudio are now saying that they won’t accept the deferment as the loan has matured?

They said that they are going to ask for a deferment history from the SLC,

and have sent an income and expenditure form for my partner to complete.

I don’t understand why they have sent this if they are requesting history from SLC?

I don’t know how to respond!!

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

If slc accepted it then studio are out of luck and it's the reason they won't put it in writing

Ignore the fleecers and come.back if they ever bother putting something in writing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

you don't respond

they think you are a mug because you phoned them up.

ignore them

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks so much for the advice

but Erudio say that the loan has reached maturity due to the deferment being late,

the deferment process took 4 months due to SLC being difficult about my partners new self employment status,

lack of tax return due to being newly self employed,

thesis understood this and said not to worry,

however Erudio have been saying the the loan needs repaying now.

What can they be requesting from the SLC in regards to deferment history and can they refuse to allow deferment?

Also What happens if we don’t complete the income and expenditure form within the next 30 days as requested??

They haven’t sent any breakdown of the loan, or mentioned any areers, just sent a letter with the loan balance on the top.

Thanks so much for any advice, we really appreciate it as it seems that these clowns are trying to make things very difficult and confusing!

Please!! go read as many threads here in ths forum as you can

don't get taken for A MUG

go back and read post 4 CAREFULLY.

thesis are LINK, LInk are a DCA

Erudio are ARROWS Arrow global are a DCA.

you do not have to spend any time filling out their stupid I&E sheets

they are totally powerless!!

what are you afraid of here please?

and they

Erudio will say and do anything to get you to pay.

SLC accepted the deferment. End of story. When the next one comes up, send the form linked in the stickies. NOT the one erudio says to fill in.

Theres nothing they can do.

Thanks so much for the advice,

guess we are just scared that they will send bailiffs round,

or OH will get a bad credit rating,

also worries that they may be adding arears to the loan without us knowing as they haven’t sent a breakdown of the account as requested.

We will ignore letters then and wait and see what happens...��

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

They wont go near bailiffs. Why on earth would you think they could just randomly send bailiffs to your house? SLC accepted the deferment, so have a good laugh at erudio

Thanks so much for the advice,

guess we are just scared that they will send bailiffs round, - nope cant do that a dca is NOT A BAILIFF. they would only get involved if the fleecing DCA take her to court and you lose and you don't pay within 28days [possibly!!]..erudio have never taken anyone to court over an old SLC loan that wasn't a backdoor CCJ to an old address or a patsy. they've never tried yet, and I doubt they ever will with these toxic Gov't loans.

or OH will get a bad credit rating, - they might try and place a default but I believe they've already been hauled over the coals about doing this by the FOS and had to remove them.

also worries that they may be adding arears to the loan without us knowing as they haven’t sent a breakdown of the account as requested. - doesn't matter, any penalty charges are unlawful under FCA rules and reclaimable if it ever came to that.

We will ignore letters then and wait and see what happens...��

as said unless you get a letter of/before claim or a claimform pack ..best to ignore them.

and they

• 5 months later...

Hello there. an update and further request for help. Thanks for all the help you gave me last year.

in early Aug 2018 i had made a complaint on the phone regarding the mishandling of my partners account, refusal to accept the SLC's deferment, and demands for payment, general hassling and lack of information being sent by post as i had requested. (unfortunately and yes stupidly on the phone) We heard nothing more for several weeks, other than a letter saying that they were looking into the complaint.

Then my partner was sent a cheque for £100 in full and final settlement of his complaint. It didn't give any detail, or response to the complaint, just the cheque and a very short sentence saying the cheque was in full and final settlement of the complaint. This was last October. We assumed that this was all resolved and that we would just need to defer again when the time came.

Skip forward to today.

He has received a Demand In Full letter from Erudio today again saying that the loan has now matured and that the outstanding balance of £533.47 is now due in full. They go on to say that as a consequence all contractual rights have been terminated including;

The ability to defer the loan;

the right of cancellation of debt upon reaching 50 years of age;

the right of cancellation of the debt after it has been outstanding for 25 years.

it ends asking us to call them to discuss repayment within 14 days to prevent the account being passed to a DCA.

Please can you advise me how to proceed?

i obviously know now not to ring them, but how do i get them off our back?

thanks so much for your help in advance.

he deferred stuff them saying because 'that was late' its matured.

next time please do as post 13!!

do not contact them by any method, though nice £100!!

and they

Thanks dx100uk.

He deferred through SLC, who sent confirmation of the deferment, but Erudio disputed this, saying that they weren't accepting it, which is why i complained to them. I have never had anything in writing from them saying that they have accepted the deferment, just the full and final settlement of the complaint letter. Which i assumed meant that they had agreed to the deferment etc.

My question is, what is likely to happen if we ignore this letter and don't respond within the 14 days? what will happen next?

thanks again..

more scary letters I would expect.

i'm sure the FOS have already had them over the coals about this deferment issue before.

not on my server so cant quickly check

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, Please can you advise me on how to write a letter/ email to Erudio to get them to back off?

I ignored the Demand in full letter that they sent on 26/1 as advised, however i arrived home yesterday to a Notification of Termination Letter yesterday, demanding payment or a payment plan with the threat of the account being referred to their preferred DCA if i don't.

I feel that i need to write to them to complain in case i need to send this to the financial ombudsman, but am not sure how to word the letter. are there any templates that you would suggest i use?

Just to recap.

1. March 18 Erudio called out of the blue to say the account was matured and demanded payment. I requested this be sent in writing with a statement of account. They didn't send anything.

2. July 18 letter received from Erudio saying that they refuse to accept deferment after SLC had recently accepted deferment for loans with Erudio and Thesis.

3. I made a complaint to Erudio regarding lack of communication in writing, lack of response to my request for statement of accounts. Also the stress this was causing us. Erudio said that they would need to get a history of deferment from SLC and make a decision. Again i asked for this in writing, they didn't respond.

4. Sept 18. Erudio send a statement of account from 1/9/17-31/8/18 no mention of any arrears on there or further request for payment.

5. Sept 18 Receive a letter and cheque for £100 from Erudio in full and final settlement of the complaint, no details regarding the complaint at all. No mention of a need to pay the loan back. Considered everything resolved for the year and pocketed the cash :)

6. Jan 19 the cycle begins again...

So i'd really like them to back off. How would you suggest i respond? any templates would be great thanks..

their preferred dca or any dca ...are totally powerless on any debt..they are NOT BAILIFFS.

don't go starting pointless letter tennis.

and they

they've already told you what may happen next..

as for the other question I suggest you go back and re read your thread carefully from post 1 again.

you seem to be forgetting advice.

and they

• 1 year later...

open

Hello there. 

update to my previous post last year, if you can offer advice I would be greatful.

My partner received the attached letter a couple of days ago, his student loans have always been deferred.

We received a letter a few months ago saying that his loan was now with Capquest,

which we ignored,

then this one appeared saying the account had been handed over to their solicitors Dryden Fairfax. 

Do we need to do anything?

Shall I send a letter Disputing that we owe money as the debt is always deferred due to earnings or just ignore it??

I can’t see that erudio would try for a CCJ for this small amount??

Am I correct??

thanks for your help. 

images/posts removed
please do not post jpg picture images directly to a post
read upload and redact in jpg then convert using on of the listed websites there to convert to one multipage pdf only

that way only logged-in,registered and approved caggers are the only ones that can download and see them
else anyone can see them caggers or not.

…..

you do not enter into pointless letter tennis.

await if/when DF issue a letter of claim.

then comeback

dx

and they