Euro Car Parks ANPR PCN - Esso Meads, Purfleet

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi polar1882

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?489035-Euro-car-parks-ANPR-PCN-MRH-Esso-meads-Purfleet

I have just received a similar notice through the post for the same date only a few hours earlier.

I was actually on holiday and pulled in with my family to grab a snack.

I received the PCN from my hire car company who have acknowledged that they have passed my details onto Euro Car Parks.

As i am from Northern Ireland,

i cannot go back and check the sign and was unaware of the "pay by phone transaction" as this is unavailable in Northern Ireland.

I was also completely oblivious to having to pay for parking at a filling station.

Sorry for jumping onto your thread but i would be very interested in any help that you are receiving from fellow subscribers.

I have just received a PCN through the post issued at Esso Meads, Purfleet. I was actually on holidays and pulled in with my family to grab a snack.

I received the PCN from my hire car company who have acknowledged that they have passed my details onto Euro Car Parks.

As i am from Northern Ireland, i cannot go back and check the sign and was unaware of the "pay by phone transaction" that they have stipulated on the PCN as this is unavailable in Northern Ireland. I was also completely oblivious to having to pay for parking at a filling station.

i would be very interested in any help and advice that I could receive from fellow subscribers. Thank You

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Well, try contacting Esso public relations first and find out whether it is owned by them or a franchised retailer.

Pressure can certainly be brought to bear from this direction.

If someone else has posted up pictures of the signage then you can use them to help your case.

ECP are unlikely to want to actually turn up at a court in NI because of the expense

but having a good argument to offer them at the pre action stage will surely persuade them it isnt worth their while to even consider it as an option.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing
  • Haha 1

If I choose not to pay and they threaten court action would that court action not fall in the Jurisdiction of the complaint, which would mean I would be expected to travel to court jurisdiction that precedes over Meads/Purfleet??

Edited by dx100uk

they will via their powerless dca always threaten court action

no always the defendants local court

you seriously need to get reading threads here

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

can you do that Q&A link in post 3 please

we need that info

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi silverfox1961 please find below details of notice

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement[16/07/2018]

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] Issued 20/07/2018

3 Date received I Received from Europcar 07/08/2018

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Yes]

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? 2 small photos of number plate stipulating entrance and exit

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up No

7 Who is the parking company? Euro Car Parks

8. Where exactly [MRH-ESSO Meads-Purfleet]

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. No mention of Appeals body on info i received from Europcar but BPA icon at top of photocopied letter from ECP

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

I have not received any direct correspondence from EURO CAR PARKS as of today 21/08/2018. Europcar have acknowledged that they "have passed my details to ECP and that any disputes regarding the notice MUST be referred directly to issuing body"

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?489035-Euro-car-parks-ANPR-PCN-MRH-Esso-meads-Purfleet

is the one to follow

but don't do anything till the experts recommend it.

and they

have you got on to Esso PR yet?

have you told MRH that you know the cameras captuing your vehicle details are there illegally and you may well sue them along with ECP for breach of the GDPR as ECP are merely their agents.

Put any pressure on you can without actually contacting the parking co.

Use social media to slate the companies as well.

Also you dont say what they claim you have done wrong so again you have something to do on that front

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Thanks dx100uk i was following that thread and was advised to start a new thread and not piggy back of that one.

Hi ericsbrother

the reason stipulated on the claim was"the vehicle was parked without a valid Pay by Phone transaction"

have not and don't plan on contacting parking co. at this time

correct

and they

as you can see from the other post the signage is not good enough and also if they rely on a pay by phone app then that is an unfair contract as arguing that you shouldn't be there doesnt impress.

You were invited there and possibly entitled to stay there by the provision of services that have nowt to do with the parking co, so if you were in a car wash that isnt parking (hint hint) and as they rely on ANPR to capture your details as you pass a single point then they have no idea what you were doing in the meanwhile.

How long were you there?

you havent said and as already stated on the other thread there is a minimum grace period

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Right then that doesnt apply but the lack ofr signage is important and also I will say again have you contacted Esso Public relations and MRH HQ to moan like hell about thhis? They may do nothing but you must use is as an avenue rather than hoping the parking co wil be nice to you because they wont. If MRH get enough complaints they will have to do something.

Make sure they know that you are not the only one who is using this forum to get your ticket cancelled and let them know that you know the parking co is breaking the law as they dont obey their trade association rules and dont have planning permission for their cameras and that may well come back to bite MRH/Esso. Let them know that you will be plastering this all over social media and no douby other complaints will emanate from that.

In short do anything you possibly can to get them to intervene and dont take no for an answer

this is a help forum so you have todo the legwork yourself, we cant do it for you

Edited by honeybee13
Paras