• Tweets

• Hi,    I'm new to this forum and hoping for some advice!   I have various overdraft, credit card and loan debts, which are all a bit of a mess:   Barclaycard (2 cards) = £14,000 (1 card suspended, but not in arrears) Lloyds CC= £3,800 Tesco CC = £3700 Natwest CC = £650 Natwest Loan £17,000 Natwest OD = £1,400 Halifax OD = £1,500   Currently, I have not missed any payments, but I'm reaching a point where these debts are becoming unmanageable. I have just about kept up with repayments but now all 0% have ended and minimum payments are increasing making it impossible.    I am considering a debt management plan... Reading through other people's experiences, dmp's seem to have mixed opinions and I'm also unsure if I should use a company like Step Change or Payplan whether I'd do better approaching the various creditors myself.   My wife also has debts, but much less (approx £10k and up to date, but struggling). Is it prudent for us to both start a dmp, or will that effect our long term plans if/when we want to remortgage/move down the line? (i know it'll be 6 years after default before these will disappear from our files).   As it stands, my min payments next month are approaching £1k, which is absurd. What kind of level of min payment would I expect to pay in a dmp?   Also, there seems to be a lot of advice on obtaining CCA's. At what point should I be asking for these, or is this something best left until the debts are inevitably sold on?   Sorry for the multiple questions!   Thanks in advance,   A    
    • No I have not  . . . there are two loans bought by Intrum.  An overdataft debit and a Loan. The Overdraft debit has not been settled.   . . . It is still going and it is in the Simple Procedure Court  . . .  and this is what my post is about The Loan debit has been settled by accepting the dicounted settlement.
    • Thanks for the info. I actually got it wrong, it's not in the tenancy agreement, they were just told verbally when signing for the house so even less of an issue now. The agent did say if they had smart meters installed then the landlord would charge to revert them back to standard meters. I've already told my daughter they have no legal grounds to impose such a charge.
    • A shortage of shipping containers, rising costs, and congestion at ports are holding back imports from China. View the full article
    • Hi,   Thanks for replying. I don't have a copy of either the judgment or the claim form as apparently they sent it to my old address in my previous name. I've never seen them at all. I refused to give them my current address as I didn't think that was a wise move. I've researched a little and not sure that 1998 loans can be statute barred like other debts. I am a bit stressed over it all though, so I'm not sure of anything at the moment
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Euro Car Parks ANPR PCN - Esso Meads, Purfleet

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 882 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi polar1882

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?489035-Euro-car-parks-ANPR-PCN-MRH-Esso-meads-Purfleet

I have just received a similar notice through the post for the same date only a few hours earlier.

I was actually on holiday and pulled in with my family to grab a snack.

I received the PCN from my hire car company who have acknowledged that they have passed my details onto Euro Car Parks.

As i am from Northern Ireland,

i cannot go back and check the sign and was unaware of the "pay by phone transaction" as this is unavailable in Northern Ireland.

I was also completely oblivious to having to pay for parking at a filling station.

Sorry for jumping onto your thread but i would be very interested in any help that you are receiving from fellow subscribers.

I have just received a PCN through the post issued at Esso Meads, Purfleet. I was actually on holidays and pulled in with my family to grab a snack.

I received the PCN from my hire car company who have acknowledged that they have passed my details onto Euro Car Parks.

As i am from Northern Ireland, i cannot go back and check the sign and was unaware of the "pay by phone transaction" that they have stipulated on the PCN as this is unavailable in Northern Ireland. I was also completely oblivious to having to pay for parking at a filling station.

i would be very interested in any help and advice that I could receive from fellow subscribers. Thank You

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Well, try contacting Esso public relations first and find out whether it is owned by them or a franchised retailer.

Pressure can certainly be brought to bear from this direction.

If someone else has posted up pictures of the signage then you can use them to help your case.

ECP are unlikely to want to actually turn up at a court in NI because of the expense

but having a good argument to offer them at the pre action stage will surely persuade them it isnt worth their while to even consider it as an option.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing
  • Haha 1

If I choose not to pay and they threaten court action would that court action not fall in the Jurisdiction of the complaint, which would mean I would be expected to travel to court jurisdiction that precedes over Meads/Purfleet??

Edited by dx100uk

they will via their powerless dca always threaten court action

no always the defendants local court

you seriously need to get reading threads here

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

can you do that Q&A link in post 3 please

we need that info

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi silverfox1961 please find below details of notice

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement[16/07/2018]

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] Issued 20/07/2018

3 Date received I Received from Europcar 07/08/2018

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Yes]

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? 2 small photos of number plate stipulating entrance and exit

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up No

7 Who is the parking company? Euro Car Parks

8. Where exactly [MRH-ESSO Meads-Purfleet]

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. No mention of Appeals body on info i received from Europcar but BPA icon at top of photocopied letter from ECP

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

I have not received any direct correspondence from EURO CAR PARKS as of today 21/08/2018. Europcar have acknowledged that they "have passed my details to ECP and that any disputes regarding the notice MUST be referred directly to issuing body"

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?489035-Euro-car-parks-ANPR-PCN-MRH-Esso-meads-Purfleet

is the one to follow

but don't do anything till the experts recommend it.

and they

have you got on to Esso PR yet?

have you told MRH that you know the cameras captuing your vehicle details are there illegally and you may well sue them along with ECP for breach of the GDPR as ECP are merely their agents.

Put any pressure on you can without actually contacting the parking co.

Use social media to slate the companies as well.

Also you dont say what they claim you have done wrong so again you have something to do on that front

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Thanks dx100uk i was following that thread and was advised to start a new thread and not piggy back of that one.

Hi ericsbrother

the reason stipulated on the claim was"the vehicle was parked without a valid Pay by Phone transaction"

have not and don't plan on contacting parking co. at this time

correct

and they

as you can see from the other post the signage is not good enough and also if they rely on a pay by phone app then that is an unfair contract as arguing that you shouldn't be there doesnt impress.

You were invited there and possibly entitled to stay there by the provision of services that have nowt to do with the parking co, so if you were in a car wash that isnt parking (hint hint) and as they rely on ANPR to capture your details as you pass a single point then they have no idea what you were doing in the meanwhile.

How long were you there?

you havent said and as already stated on the other thread there is a minimum grace period

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Right then that doesnt apply but the lack ofr signage is important and also I will say again have you contacted Esso Public relations and MRH HQ to moan like hell about thhis? They may do nothing but you must use is as an avenue rather than hoping the parking co wil be nice to you because they wont. If MRH get enough complaints they will have to do something.

Make sure they know that you are not the only one who is using this forum to get your ticket cancelled and let them know that you know the parking co is breaking the law as they dont obey their trade association rules and dont have planning permission for their cameras and that may well come back to bite MRH/Esso. Let them know that you will be plastering this all over social media and no douby other complaints will emanate from that.

In short do anything you possibly can to get them to intervene and dont take no for an answer

this is a help forum so you have todo the legwork yourself, we cant do it for you

Edited by honeybee13
Paras