mah1

Currys St Helens Warning

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2543 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Easier if I just copy and paste the following which is a warning for people

thinking of spending money at Currys or associated stores

I will never shop in a Currys or other associated stores again. Beware if you are thinking of spending

money in Currys, Dixon’s or PC World.

After purchasing a Vacuum Cleaner 9 weeks ago which was overheating and cutting

out I thought it would be straight forward to return to Curry’s St Helens for an exchange or refund.

(The Vacuum cleaner had only been used on 5 or 6 occasions as we have wood flooring throughout most of the house).

Anyway, it seems that Curry’s stores don’t bother with the Sales of Goods Act 1979 and have their own laws.

Never had any problems at any other stores with returning goods and this was actually reported and covered by Which magazine in 2001 stating that staff from stores of Currys and Dixons were wrongly stating that responsibility lay with the Manufacturer. Five years later and they are still at it, passing the buck.

It is Currys responsibility as the seller to resolve the issue and yet Currys refused to take the vacuum cleaner from me. I certainly don’t want to have to take a days holiday to wait for them to send out an engineer which

from reading many other reports on other sites tend to not turn up anyway.

From start to finish there was no indication that Currys wanted to help the customer and they simply wanted to pass the responsibility on elsewhere.

Needless to say that after stating the Sales of Goods Act 1979 in the store I was asked to leave the premises by one of their vertically challenged Security Guards stating that I was trespassing on their property!!!

I think that they are in need of some well overdue Consumer Law and Customer Service training, fast!!

Personally I would have no further dealings with a store that refused to deal with a complaint to my satisfaction and in one visit; for one thing, there's no hard evidence of what's been said on either side. Tempers can easily get frayed too!

I would put my claims in writing to the head office, setting out the un-embellished facts and relaying an accurate summary of the action taken so far to resolve the matter locally, set out my aims to resolve the matter and mention the Sale of Goods Act as being the basis of the complaint/settlement required. I would then address the letter by name to a director.

You can get director's names from the co. website usually.

With some suitable modification, the 'Pre-Lim' and LBA' letters here form a good basis for a suitable letter.

Every business (Currys or anyone else's) must, by law, have a notice displayed at every place in which they do business concerning the ownership of that business and must also give the address for the 'service of documents'.

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!

I had a same experience with Currys at Hounslow, London. The Staff (specially ladies) are useless as they have no clue on techology and products.

Note: The srest of the staff (I believe they are native Britisher) are quite ok.

. I bought headone which had specification of "Noise isolation". When I open it and tried it did not work the way it is supposed to work. I packed the headphone without any damage even to package.When I took went to return the headphone ,they denied saying it is opend and we can not take it due to heygine issues.

The manager (Black guy) was even worst. he said these items are like Nicker (Underwares) once you wear it u can not return it.

what the ....

I will highly recommend not to buy anything from such cheap mentality shops CURRYS LOT OF WORRIES. I think it is problem with UK return policies which they might have learned from Indian Shoppers. US,Netherlands are the best counrties to do real Electronics Shopping

I wish you Currues This Chrismas sale make yoru profit down by 99%