Johnshell

DCBL advice? Letter of Claim

Can anyone give me advice on this letter?

It doesn't have any information on from when it was from.

I remember my wife getting a charge for her permit at work not being correctly shown a long time ago and we ignored it, but this has been sent today.

DCBL Letter of claim.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
charge for fine

Sorry, new to this and using a mobile device so not sure how to post a pic.

I have typed it up instead. Here it is.

ITS HEADED WITH

DCBL LEGAL

civil & commercial litigation solicitors

Dear....

Letter of claim*

Urgent action required.

We act on behalf of direct collection bailiffs limited (DCBL) in respect of a debt due under an agreement between you and northern parking services (north east) Ltd.

Please accept this as a formal letter of claim in accordance with the CPR practice direction - pre action protocol for debt claims.

claiment

Northern parking services (north east) Ltd.

defendant

My details.

basis of claim

You enter into an agreement with northern parking services (north east) Ltd under reference WR306386. In accordance with the terms of that agreement and previous correspondence sent to you, there remains a balance outstanding. In light of the supporting evidence, correspondence and invoices, you are liable for the sums due.

amount of claim

The sum claimed is a total of £482.40 together with further accuring interest as permitted under s69 county court 1984 at the rate of 8.25% (8.50% if after 02.11.12) per annum in till judgement or earlier payment. Costs will also be applied should a claim become necessary.

To ensure no further action will take place please make immediate payment via our 24 hour payment line on 01302 897022 using reference number 494840.

You are expected to acknowledge this letter of claim and pay the debt in full*within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to do so will result in a claim being issued against you WITHOUT further notice.

Any idea what I should do next?

Thanks in advance.

Defend the claim using MCOL. The team will be along soon with further advice, meanwhile can you get pictures of the workplace car park and any signage from the Parking Cowboy?

post 1 upload redacted and converted to PDF

has you wife moved since the incident?

I see other paperwork underneath before my redaction of the unapproved image

can you scan up ALL what they have sent please to one multipage PDF.

The wife works for a car insurance company and they have a private car park, which you need a permit for. We had one in the window, but it had slid slightly down the dash, hence the fine. On the first letter from northern parking it has a picture of our car in the bay. But not of the permit.

court forms come from the court not some powerless tinpot dca.

they are not bailiffs in this instance

zero legal powers

zero legal authority to instigate any court claim

only ne parking can do that.

IT IS NOT A FINE

2nd time

where does any of the paperwork use that word

its a speculative invoice

whats the paperwork below the scanned sheet I see

is this other stuff they have sent

or that you have regarding this parking ticket

I don't have access to a computer. Just a smart phone.

No she hasn't moved.

And I I can't link the latest letter which I have put up to the original fine, because it won't match the reference number.

The rest of the paper work is asking for salary and if I own a home etc.

We need the rest of everything they sent (not the reply form)

The paperwork under the letter of claim thats the ntk from ne parking

Wr need fo see it please?

Am i correct it is?

Has your wife not spoken to her boss about this. Her Company should be able to get it cancelled since they know she has a genuine permit and that permit outranks any halfwit parking company who thinks they can increase a £100 parking ticket to an outrageous £482. Where do they live-Cloud Cuckoo land? And DCBL going along with it. I hope no one ever needs a litigation solicitor that badly that they use DCBL. That letter is a complete joke even excluding their poor grammar and misspelling.

IF some one has a permit to park then they have not entered into a contract with NPS. And as such there is absolutely no necessity to pay a brass farthing [whatever that is] at any time far less than within 30 days. Muppets.

And relax, if you follow the excellent instructions you will get on this site you will pay nothing because even if you had been the driver you would still owe nothing.

Please fill in your quit date here