Dustycrophopper

Nationwide Overdraft Withdrawl

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 322 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello

I received a letter today from Nationwide telling me they are no longer able to offer me an overdraft. To be honest I've half been expecting this for a while as I have been at the max for quite some time and have just been putting in enough money to cover the fees for the account.

What is the best step to take as I cannot afford to pay the full £3200 in the next 27 days as they are requesting. They have put in the letter I can call to talk about my options.

Thanks

DC

Its been around 18 months since I've used the account, it's just been being maintained at the max of O/D since then

Do you pay any income diectly to them?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

No, the only transactions on the account for quite some time have be the packaged bank account fee and the arranged overdraft fee. I have then been transferring from another account the sum of these fees.

So you are paying them off?

You do know PA fees can be reclaimed?

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Currently PA fee is £13 and OD fees are 15.50 per month. I transfer 28.50 into nationwide to cover these fees. No actual repayment is being made on the rest of the balance.

I was thinking about trying to reclaim the fees but i cannot remember the circumstances of taking out the PA and i have used the features.

God how long have you been doing this?

Stop paying

Send them a free sar get the info you need

Why did they say you had to have PAF?

How old is this a/c?

Too long DX,

I'll get the SAR ready and sent. The account was opened with nationwide in 2011, I took the PA with the overdraft which was around Feb 2014. I stopped using the account 18 months ago and have been paying the 28.50 since

Have you asked if Nationwide to change you to the flexdirect account?

If you have money to pay it back then they it could allow you to repay minus fees for 12 months and prevent a default if you cant pay - Itll protect your credit file.

Last week I tried to downgrade to the normal Flex account online so I could save on the fees, but was told I was ineligible

I spoke with the Nationwide collections department today, they want me to complete an income and expenditure form so a payment plan can be set up, they will not freeze the interest or remove the fees unless i change accounts. If i did the interest would be double what I am paying now.