• Tweets

• This will be ok for you to offer the final 1 month's fee you should have paid :-   Dear Harlands,   I refer to my membership at [town/city] gym.   The DD mandate was cancelled after the June 2019 payment was made and this was notice of my intent to cancel the gym membership.   I now realise I should have left the DD Mandate open to pay a final month's fee for the notice period.   Please confirm your bank payment details and a reference so I can pay you the £xx.xx to end this matter. I will not pay any admin fees added by Harlands. I will only deal with this matter in writing, not by phone.   My offer is valid for 14 days only and will be withdrawn if you demand any higher amount.   Yours sincerely,
    • a COPY OF THE INVOICE, I REALLY DONT NO WHAT OTHER INFORMATION TO PROVIDE  
    • seems like your payment issue is not just your error      
    • don't think there are any moriarty represented threads here whereby if the defendant turned up the defendant lost the case. moriarty never appear in court.   there is a very comprehensive mediation sticky in the homepage of this very same forum yours is in   there is also a custom google search which comes up after hitting our top squares logo   moriaty claimform   might be useful to use there.        
    • Hello   i brought the car on the 11/11/2019, by the 17/11/2019 the clutch was slipping and the exhust was blowing out white smoke the car is a diesel turbo,   I had my daughter with me so i stopped by a local garage formula one auto centre, the checked the car out and told me the dual mass flywheel was due to go and it would need replacing,   I contacted the trader immediatly on the 17th, he responded to me on the 18th where he came to my home address to inspect the car, he told me there was nothing wrong with it and the garage was trying to con me into them making money,   after this i was not satisfied i took it to two more garages that are close to my home address,   one garage said the dual mass flywheel was about to go and the smoke could be a dpf clean, the second garage gave me the same result that the dual mass flywheel was gone and the smoke could the dpf or turbo due to go,   I then messaged the trader to tell him this has been verfied by 3 seperate garages but he chose to ignore me   I have now paid £1000 for a new clutch, rear toe adjustment and ball joint right and left.   I wish to recover this amount from the trader as a repair because of my health i need to be able to drive, and i really dont have the energy or funds to get back out there to find another car.   the garage has confirmed that theres a coolant leak and possible porus head, what means this is a further £1000+ job what needs doing but they said i can drive it for now.   I believe my 31 days from purchase will be the 10/12/2019   I have contacted him again today telling him that under the consumer rights act 2015 I have the rights by law to request a refund, repair, or replacement,   I told him i wish to request a repair, he laughed at me and told me to go to court.   I have prepared this letter if anyone can help me make it more professional? im not very good with letters, this has been ofcourse edited for public   my name address   his name address   22 November 2019 Dear his name,    RE:Complaint about faulty goods   I now find the goods have the following fault:   Dual Mass Flywheel and Clutch with possible porus head. Involved in this matter, are the following professional mechanics involved, Garage One Formula One Autocentres, Oxpens Rd, Oxford OX1 1RX, 01865 792799.   Garage Two Unit 1, Oxford Trade Centre, Watlington Rd, Oxford OX4 6NF, 01865 776557   Garage Three Giles Service Centre Ltd 6 Ashville Way, Oxford OX4 6TU, 01865 716888.   After purchasing a seat Leon OV57  on the 11/11/2019, On the 17/11/2019 I reported to you that my clutch was slipping and that I had taking the seat Leon OV57  to a near by "garage one".   On Monday 18/11/2019 you responded to my text message and come to my home address to inspect the Seat Leon OV57 at 12:30PM, Where you stated there was nothing wrong with the clutch even though I explained to you that I had taken the Seat Leon to "Garage One".   After your inspection I was not satisfied and I then drove the Seat Leon to "Garage Two", Who carried out necessary checks to the Seat Leon OV57, After these checks was done "Garage Two" stated the same result as "Garage One"   I then went to a different garage down the road "Garage Three" who done all necessary checks and the same result come back as " Garage One" and "Garage Two" has diagnosed with the Seat Leon OV57, the problem with the vehicle is the dual mass flywheel and clutch.   Under the consumer rights act 2015, I have the right upto 31 days from the day of purchase to ask for a refund, repair or replacement   the cost of this repair is £1000 and I seek to recover this repair cost from you as a Trader.   I therefore give you 14 days to repay this cost, otherwise I will have no other choice to contact my solicitor, , and apply to a small claims court..   Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 goods you supply must be fit for purpose. As there was a problem with the goods when I bought them, I request that you repair the goods at no cost to me.   I have enclosed receipt of cost for repairs. In support of my claim.   Please respond within 14 days of receiving this letter.   Yours sincerely  
  • Our picks

polar1882

Euro car parks ANPR PCN - MRH Esso meads Purfleet **WON AT POPLA**

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 435 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys i got a euro car park ticket by anpr for £100 for a unpaid 44 minute stayit was address to the keeper of the vehicle.

in the instance i had a massive tyre blowout which shredded my tyre entirely so i pulled into the Esso garage up teh road to wait for the AA.

i didnt notice the signage, i was busy trying to get the car moving again.

where do i stand, can i appeal it?

Can you have a look at this thread please.

Copy and paste the relevant bits of that (along with your answers) to this thread so that we can see all the details.

Also, scan, redact and upload your NtK to the thread so that we can see what Euro Car Prats have inevitably got wrong.

Do nothing else (no appeal etc) until we've had a look at everything and give you some advice :thumb:

We could use your help

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback :)

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 16/7/2018

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 20/7/2018

3 Date received 2/8/2017 (may have arrived earlier, i have bene away for a week.)

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? number plate close up on entry and extit

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal]n

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] n/a

7 Who is the parking company? Euro car parks

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] MRH Esso meads Purfleet

Edited by DragonFly1967
Edited colours for contrast

GSV Link (closest I could get) https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4861275,0.245761,3a,15y,248.51h,86.98t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sAXcaT6RaikczpCcflgW5KA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Not quite sure how on earth anyone is supposed to read that signage from a moving vehicle (at any speed). :|

We could use your help

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback :)

Euro car parks always mess up. And 99% of the time its signage. The other 1% is paperwork

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

cool thanks ive appealed on signage, will update on receipt of response.

Polar1882 on post 2 one of our experts said do not appeal until we have seen everything and advised you. There are several reasons for this.

1] by appealing the writer often gives themself away as being the driver. [eg I couldn't read the signs because they were too small]. It is the driver who parked but it is the keeper that these companies have to write to.

2] it is often not the font size of the sign that is wrong but what they have said in the small print that matters. In your case there may have been nothing wrong with what was stated in the small print on that sign. The main bones of contention may be on another of their signs or even on their NTK. By appealing at the wrong time they may well feel that you have insufficient knowledge about the subject and would feel that they would beat you in Court. Your appeal may have convinced them to take you to Court whereas had you waited and given them all the reasons why they had no chance against you they would probably have moved on to other motorists.

I can tell you now that your appeal will be rejected. While you are waiting, could you please post up the NTK and we definitely do need photos of the signs where you

you were parked . Then we will look at the wording to see if it can form a contract between the company and the motorist. Quite often it doesn't and it is that which will be a much stronger reason why they wouldn't go to Court rather than a font size on one sign.

I hope that I didn't come across too harsh but beating these crooks takes time. Please read other threads on here especially ones where their circumstances are similar to yours or Euro carparks are involved and do not write to them again until all the info has been gathered.

One other thing, please check with the local Council to see if they have planning permission to have the signs erected and they are permitted to use ANPR. If they do not have it, their signs and cameras are there illegally. It comes under the Town and Country Act advertisements and planning approval for the ANPR.

Fair enough. uploading the NTK now

i will take photos of the signs tomorrow, do i need to take measurements?

IMG_0315.pdf

I've redacted that document properly for you :thumb:

No need for measurements, just get some good photos of the signs including their surroundings so that we can see them in context.

We could use your help

do they need plannng permisison if its within an esso petrol garage? the only plannig permisison application on the thurrock website for that postcode is the petrol station itself. ive enquired about the anpr and signs though.

Worry about that later. Trust us. You can easily get rid of this. Just follow the advice given, and dont be tempted to jump ahead

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I don't even think that as you were genuinely broken down that could be described as parking.

agree to that,

the contract is for a parking event and that means as you couldnt move the car you cant consider their offer as being applicable.

They will of course say that you are pbliged to pay up because you saw the signs but still decided to break down on their land or whatever bull they wish to use to try and bludgeon the money out of you.

Hi as expected had my appeal rejected. the sign they include in the appeal is not the sign on the entrance i used.

docs1.pdf

I'm not sure what arguments you used but they seen to be addressing points that we wouldnt advise using and miss those that are relevant to your case.

This doesnt make then right though,

no signs where you entered mean they didnt have adequate signage and as said,

you were invited onto the land and broke down so that is not a breach of the conditions offered on the signs you didnt see.

You now ignore then and any dac who writes up to the poinjt where they threaten legal action and then you come back here for advice on what to put in a rebuttal letter.

docs in post 16 sorted

thread tidied

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi

Just noticed something in their signage. 45 minutes free of charge! You were on site for 43 minutes 22 seconds. If they are stating that the sign is at this site, take them at their word. I would think that POPLA would throw allow an appeal as you will be appealing on matters of fact, not mitigation. AND where is the 10 minute grace period.

I think ECP may have problems with basic mathematics

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

should i wait to use this in the rebuttal letter should it get that far?

Well as they have rejected your appeal, you could go straight to POPLA and I suspect that ECP will capitulate when that happens.

You could also ignore them and wait to see if they try it on at court. Based upon the one sign, they would either lose or not even try it in the first place

Simple facts.

You did not breach any rules on the site in question

ECP did not allow you a grace period of a minimum 10 minutes. ( this bit is in the BPA code of practice)

As I see it, you were not in breach therefore ECP obtained your data from the DVLA without good reason. You could sue them under the GDPR

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Thanks all POPLA appeal sent

Edited by polar1882

Hi silverfox1961. As per my other thread i have a PCN same date, same place. I've checked the times on the number plate images and it totals 49mins 21secs. Just wondering about the 10 minute 'grace' time you've mentioned?

On page nine of this

https://www.britishparking.co.uk/write/Documents/AOS/AOS_Code_of_Practice_January_2018.pdf (so long as the link works) there is mention of grace periods and what is expected of the operator.

Hi All Popla sent me this today:

An Appeal has been opened with the reference 241228****.

Euro Car Parks have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

thanks for all your help.