• Tweets

• Hi Scourge, No, no mentions of birdstrikes.  Their whole defence was blamed on fog which caused "uncontrollable" delays and cancellations and rearrangment of flights, spare aircraft ect.    All well and good but they failed spectacularly in transporting passengers as promised to these new arrangements.   Yes, the solicitors quoted £350 as cost of them preparing this defence.
    • Almost £100 a day for a courtesy car??? Sorry, but somebody has seen her coming and is treating her as an open cash till. Who recommended that?     If it seems muddled to you – then how do you think it feels to us when we are receiving this information third hand. I think that you want to get her to come here and to give us the story first hand and also as already suggested, I think that a carefully drawn diagram with a key as to whose who is essential. Having some kind of printed off map with Mr XXX and Mr ZZZ blah blah blah. On the basis of what we've been told, it appears to us that she was driving along minding our own business and then somebody who was parked on the same side but facing into the traffic pulled out directly in her line and she took avoiding action.   And this is shocking treatment as far as I'm concerned because apparently her own insurer is saying that they are stuck because they don't have evidence and so they are putting their hands up to another insurer/driver who presumably also doesn't have evidence. I think you are dealing with a lazy insurer that isn't really interested because they only involve the third party insurance – not comprehensive so that they know that they are going to take a particular loss so they're not bothered. Do we have any idea of what the other side story is? Or has that not been revealed to you? We can deal with this and we can help you challenge this and probably with a high chance of success – but we need better engagement. I understand that your sister is pregnant – but pregnancy isn't an illness – and I think that she would feel empowered if she got to grips with this directly. Certainly, what we need is better engagement and if it has to be you acting on her behalf – then the first thing you need to do is make sure you understand the story because if you don't then what snowflake's chance in hell do we have?
    • Just a moment of caution – have any of the papers at all which you have received referred to this mystery phone and phone line?
    • I think it would be a decision form about the decree from the court but maybe the letter from Nolan's is enough to confirm the decree was granted.   Sorry Stepchange did say that, I'm just more familiar with the term bankruptcy. So you think I should apply for a moratorium to all my creditors just now just to pause it while I decide what to do?
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Lowell demand payment for vodafone debt

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 947 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good Afternoon,

I am new to this site and after popping Lowell in my search engine, this amazing site popped up!

After reading several posts on this forum I have plucked up the courage to post and ask for help.

I had a dispute with vodaphone over two years ago after been a customer with them for 15 years.

It all started when they changed their billing system and did not take payment for over 12 months and then I received a massive bill ..

they continued to provide service until eventually they restricted use of my sons phone (on my bill) and then after three months put it back on..

They eventually cut my phone off and refereed to a DCA, name escapes me now..

I received a letter last June, stating unless I contacted them my case would go to court, three weeks later.

I contacted them explained what happened and I never heard anymore from them until I received a letter from Lowell in May.

In May of this year I received my first letter from Lowell, and have since received three more, offering a 30% and a 40% discount on my debt.

The last letter received on 17 July stated that the 40% discount would apply until 31 July, before they take legal action.

I was so close to calling them this morning to set up a payment plan as 40% off the orginal debt of £1187.71 is a lot of money, but then I found this site.

I have read a lot about requesting SAR, but tbh I dont understand it.

Shall I ring to set up a payment plan?

if not I would be very grateful if you could advise my of the next steps.

I am worried sick that it will be sent to court.

Thank you in advance.

read the letters PROPERLY

they don't say WILL anywhere!!

if you are getting discount letters

then odds on the debt is made of bogus contract charges till the end of the period

which are unlawful.

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have

ZERO legal powers

never ever blindly pay/ring or discuss your debts on the phome

moved to the telecom forum

have you moved since taking the contract out?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

are/were Vodaphone aware of your current address?

ie you had this when you moved and billing got changed to the address where you are now?

if yes

ignore lowells totally

unless you get a letter of claim or a court claimform

if no

then you need to write to lowlife in some manner informing them else you risk a backdoor CCJ to the old address you'll know nowt about.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Will Lowell next step be to issue a letter of claim?

Lowell's are very litigious at present so your chance of a claim form coming through the post in the future will be on the higher end of the scale.

However, as DX as already posted the final figure is made up of early termination charges and other charges along the way.

These can be used as part of your defence as well as Vodafone's payment history if a claim form ever comes through your letterbox.

You need to get a Subject Access Request to Vodafone straight away, the link for the SAR is here... https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387306-Full-Subject-Access-Request-under-the-new-GDPR-2018-regime(1-Viewing)-nbsp

A SAR is free now under the GDPR so send via recorded delivery so you know when the 30 day clock starts ticking.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

No never write to a fleecer

simply invites letter tennis.

and they