• Tweets

• Hi GrievingMum   I fully understand and sympathise with your medical conditions.   The 3 screenshots/images in post#21 I have removed as I have converted those into one PDF which is now showing in that post.   CAG prefers PDFs rather than multiple screenshots/images but as I said I appreciate your medical condition so I have converted those screenshots/images into one PDF and removed the screenshots/images and left the PDF in your post.    CAG also prefers that all our caggers remain Anonymous on CAG, could I just suggest that when your have edited your document to just leave it for a while then go back to it and recheck that you have removed all info to keep you anonymous before uploading to CAG.
    • The letter send to contact them. Maybe if they wanted people to ring them they should put telephone? I was in India at the time so not really convenient to call them (I can prove this to them if it became an issue)  
    • Hi  I genuinely have not received this BUT I am not saying that it hasnt been sent as I am sure it will have been.   As i said, my son has the same name as me and I am sure if he had seen one of these, he will have let me know as he did when he opened the second letter. 
    • worthy notes from your thread..   .POFA doesn't apply the docks byeleaws and their signage is a miserable failure to create a contract with you either ( either an invitation to treat or prohibitive signage according to which one you read) . the land is not relevant land as far as the POFA goes so there is no keeper liability in this matter so there is no cause for action against me. As docks and harbours governed by it own byelaws these are supreme to any contract you claim to have so there is no contract for the driver to consider that is enforceable. . 1.There is no cause for action  as there is no contract between us.  The land is covered by its own byelaws that are supreme to anything you wish to claim is an offer so there can be no performance to the contract by yourselves.  . 2. As the land is not relevant land for the purposes of the POFA there can be no keeper liability and that means you had no reasonable cause to obtain my keeper details so any civil claim will be met by a counterclaim for at least £250 for your breach of the GDPR.  . you know it is a dock so covered by its own byelaws so therefore unlikely PE can offer you anything and certainly can't create a keeper liability. . PE has no locus standi , no cause for ation as land not "relevant land" and covered by its own byelaws. IN ANY CASE ss POFA not applicable there can never be any keeper liability.         
    • stuff silly reclaimers they take +35% and no it doesn't meet the deadline no harm in going to the RBS website and starting a claim.. you never know simply put the number of the card in and say you think you had ppi please investigate. say nothing more   they can only refuse you, but comeback here with what they say.    
  • Our picks

Mimi_Bracks

Moneybarn got default, say they will Termination & want car

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 289 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am having similar problems with them.

I have received an email saying the agreement has been terminated.

I did not receive their default notice so was not aware of any timescales or deadlines to respond.

I have told Moneybarn that I have enough to cover the arrears and settle them in full but they have told me that they cannot accept this unless I pay the full outstanding balance (about £3.5k) or enter into a consent order and pay £400 for the privilege!

What to do!?!?!

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Hello and welcome to CAG.

You need to start a new thread of your own please. This one is for someone else and two years old now.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

hi,

I can't find where it will let me start my own conversation. I really need some help!

Own thread created...please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Can someone please reply to my point above?

they have told me that there is no longer a legally binding agreement between us, but under contract law, a simple statement saying that the agreement can continue should suffice to reinstate a contract...it shouldn't need to go through the courts.

I have the money to pay the arrears in full now but thus far they have still refused to accept this!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

If you pay the arrears in full will you have paid more than 1/3 of the agreement ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi, Yes I will have paid more than 1/3 of the agreement.

I have 15 months of payments left amounting to just under £3k

When i took out the agreement, including interest, the agreement amounted to around £9k

OK, make the payment to them online..... if you have paid more than 1/3 of the agreement they would have to take you to court to get a return of goods order - they can't do that if you are not in arrears :)

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hey!

Thank you for that!

That's great!

However they have said that as they have served a termination notice,

they no longer have a legally binding agreement with me and

I must pay them £400 for a consent order whether i clear the arrears or not....

See below the email they have sent me....

Thank you for your email.

Your finance agreement with Moneybarn has been terminated therefore the contractual agreement between both parties no longer exists; therefore there is no legal protection for you or Moneybarn.

To retain the vehicle at this point, we need a legally binding agreement.

To do this, we will need to apply to the courts to have a new agreement in place.

A Consent Order is an agreement between you and Moneybarn in which you repay the remaining costs and arrears on the account over an agreed period of time.

Once the arrears have been paid your normal monthly contribution will continue until the end of your terminated contract.

The Consent Order will be sealed at Court which you will not be required to attend.

Important to note that if you fail to make any of the repayments and keep in contact with Moneybarn then you will be in default of your Consent Order and Moneybarn will have the legal right to repossess your vehicle.

If you do not wish to proceed with a consent order, the only options at this stage is to settle the finance agreement in full or voluntarily surrender the vehicle back to Moneybarn.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Never mind what Moneybarn say - they are a nightmare and write their own rules hoping you won't challenge them. Personally I'd like to see them run out of the country !

There's no reason why a contract cannot be re-instated - you should write and tell them that now you have brought the agreement into line you consider that the agreement is re-instated, particularly as you did not receive a default notice giving you the opportunity to rectify the situation. Also advise them that should they take any legal action you will vigorously defend and report their behaviour to the court.. If you pay the arrears and they try to take you to court I cannot see a judge allowing their request.

And just for info you NEVER voluntary surrender a car - if you want them to take it back you voluntary terminate

also watchout for arrears fees and any other fees they are levying you

they are unlawful and should be reclaimed

have you all the statements?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

I dont have all of the statements sadly as they have been very poor in sending them to me.

I will however request a redemption statement from them once I have paid the arrears and made it clear that the contract is to continue.

I agree that they have been unfair.

It amounts to 3 months arrears in total spread over a 4.5 year agreement with 15 months left.

thank you all for your help and reassurance.

send them a free sar then

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Me again!

Still having fun with Moneybarn. they have now sent me this!:

Thank you got your email.

Unfortunately, we are unable to rescind the termination and as such, the consent order process must continue.

We can confirm that the default notice was sent to you on 06/07/2018 and we had attempted to call you numerous times in between termination and the letter being sent.

We can agree however, that if the first payment under the consent order is made, we will agree to waive any court fees.

I don't want to go through all the drama and hassle of court proceedings now that I have settled their arrears.

What can they do now that I have paid everything up to date?

" default notice was sent to you on 06/07/2018 "

You had up until the 20th to rectify the default...did you clear the arrears by this date ?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I never received the default notice so didn't know the timescale I had to clear by.

Ah okay well Moneybarn do not seem follow any legislation anyway or adhere to CCA1974..I understand they simply make up their own rules to claw back customers vehicles to sell at auction then chase any shortfalls.

I can only refer you to Ells post # 10.

Given that you have paid over a 3rd they can only proceed through court...given that you never received a default notice they will find this difficult and most probably a waste of the court fee

Thank you. So can i just kinda carry on as normal and keep making my monthly payments.

I am about to go on holiday for a week - they cant do anything crazy like come and take the car can they?

Many thanks

No!!

spreadsheets 

hi everyone

Me again!

Moneybarn have been back on at me telling me that I either agree to the consent order or they will request an order for the return of goods.

I have filled out their i&e form (after pointing out and correcting in red the multiple spelling errors).

Their language is getting more and more threatening and I am somewhat concerned.

I am setting up a standing order to ensure that all future payments are met on time if not early.

If there are no arrears on the account and I keep it up to date, there isn't much that they can do right?

no don't blindly give them an I&E who said do that?

let them go for a return of goods order

then you'll do a tomlin and theres stuff all they can do from then on in.

spreadsheets 

Whats a Tomlin?

There are no arrears on the account so they cant press for me to pay anything further. their language was getting very threatening so I got scared I guess! I don't want to end up in Court and have to defend a return of goods order.

you say there isn't but brainless MB say there was.

tomlin/consent same thing

you wont have to 'defend' anything in court as andy says in post 17

you did sent the free sar didn't you?

spreadsheets 

I have cleared the arrears in full and they have acknowledged receipt in writing.

I have sent them an SAR indeed and await hearing.

hows this going

spreadsheets