BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 308 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

the 3yrs rule, that invokes the 6yrs clearly states 'when you become aware'

look at the FOS website PPI case examples

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

Evening all,

I've been sifting through my Experian credit report and on there I've noticed that a Halifax account owing £2500 was defaulted in Jan 2014 and marked as settled in Feb 2017 (nothing was paid or agreed to close the account).

I have also noticed another account which is open with Cabot with a default date of Jan 2014 with the balance of £2500 (this is the same account as the Halifax one above).  Does this mean that Halifax closed the account and is no longer enforceable?

I does it simply mean they sold the debt on and is still enforceable?

I have had contact from Cabot but they failed to provide a CCA so i'm not paying a bean anyway,but just curious as to what status the account is at.

Many thanks

Hi,

It means that Cabot have purchased the Account from Halifax, Halifax is correctly showing zero balance.

Cabot is correctly showing the amount and the same date as the original Halifax account of January 2014.

As you have CCA'd Cabot, this means it is either a Credit Card or Loan, have you reclaimed all charges and checked for PPI as the deadline is coming close so you have to act fast.

SAR to the original creditor (Halifax), SAR template in the Library section.

You should have been made aware by letter that Cabot had purchased the debt from Halifax.

Since your last contact with Cabot, have you moved addresses, if so update Cabot so this stops any backdoor CCJ's.

No CCA, No pay, When did you take the original debt out as a 2014 date Cabot can reconstitute an agreement.

Take Care

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

old and new threads merged for the third time.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

Thanks, it was taken out between 6-12 months prior to the default date (I can’t remember exactly off top of my head)